Arizona Chickens

How are things in your neck of the woods? Have the centipedes migrated out? Usually it's about a month.

I've moved actually. Mom had complications from open heart surgery so we sold our house and moved a 1k feet lower in elevation and she is doing a lot better. so far, knock on wood, on our new land, 6 acres, I've not seen a single centipede or scorpion. BUT, I have as of last night killed my second rattle snake.

It is nicely strange having everything on one property and not having to drive back and forth to the farm, 15 miles, everyday, and just walk out and do my chores and work on building up the operation.

I've moved actually. Mom had complications from open heart surgery so we sold our house and moved a 1k feet lower in elevation and she is doing a lot better. so far, knock on wood, on our new land, 6 acres, I've not seen a single centipede or scorpion. BUT, I have as of last night killed my second rattle snake.

It is nicely strange having everything on one property and not having to drive back and forth to the farm, 15 miles, everyday, and just walk out and do my chores and work on building up the operation.
Oh that sounds amazing!! Congrats on the move!

I'm glad for you. You seem happier now where you are living at.

Trying to remember when it was, but there were people wanting to put in lighted billboards, it was fought and defeated as the light pollution would interfere with the enjoyment of the night sky..

Good thinking! You let them put those up, then you will have all kind's of city people moving out there, and the next thing that you know you will be living in the middle of another city.

Good thinking! You let them put those up, then you will have all kind's of city people moving out there, and the next thing that you know you will be living in the middle of another city.
We've got enough trouble with "city" people, everyone is bailing out of CA because of the politics over there. I have no issue with them bailing, just them bailing from what they don't like and then trying to turn AZ in to what they just left.

What does everyone feed their feathered kids? mine had been getting layer feed, 16% protein, I changed them over to all flock to help with the feathers, how bad does this affect your egg production if you use this? I know winter causes problems with the decrease in sunlight, I won't use artificial lighting, I'd rather buy eggs than force the issue. But my egg production has really gone down, just collected 8 eggs from yesterday, an I think I've got close to 45 +/- hens.

What does everyone feed their feathered kids? mine had been getting layer feed, 16% protein, I changed them over to all flock to help with the feathers, how bad does this affect your egg production if you use this? I know winter causes problems with the decrease in sunlight, I won't use artificial lighting, I'd rather buy eggs than force the issue. But my egg production has really gone down, just collected 8 eggs from yesterday, an I think I've got close to 45 +/- hens.
I know i only have house chickens, bantams at that, but i noticed them starting to molt... which does not mix well with a house 😂 i did a lot of reading on nutrena feather fixer.. it is 18% protein, has a lot of natural herbs, including marigold.. as soon as i switched them, these every other day layers became daily layers! I'm overflowing in eggs. I have a light for them, but it only goes on and off during daylight hours only, no extra. But the reviews across the board said people's chickens (outdoors) molted, but recovered feathers quickly with no decrease in winter egg production. Im focusing more on general health, but my thinking is healthy birds can make eggs, and stressed birds don't. 💳 just my 2 cents (there were no coin emojis 😂)

Back
Top Bottom