Arizona Chickens

They are the perfect size for hawk bait! I keep mine in a covered 10x10 netted tractor/run unless I am out in the yard.
I probably could do that for them, but they are so spoiled inside anyhow. I am going to get a square of sod for them, then they can scratch around like proper chickens! I would like to get some quail for outside. That will be my project for the fall.. build out a covering/enclosure around some raised garden beds. Right now im trying to finish my Neverending cabinet refinishing project!!

I probably could do that for them, but they are so spoiled inside anyhow. I am going to get a square of sod for them, then they can scratch around like proper chickens! I would like to get some quail for outside. That will be my project for the fall.. build out a covering/enclosure around some raised garden beds. Right now im trying to finish my Neverending cabinet refinishing project!!
You should see @City farm for her set-up. It is perfect for the desert.

It was so nice out there today! I think that tomorrow is supposed to be another windy day though. I rehomed an Aloha cockerel today, and told her about this site and that we have a states thread here, so maybe she will be joining. I guess that she has a lone duck that likes being in with her chicken's.

Hello ppl. I’m outside of Kingman and I have three little bantam roosters that need a home but there’s one that we don’t want to put in the freezer. He was with my large hens and rooster and they did great, he even won over a couple hens. He’s a funny boy!! He’s the black one with white ear lobes. I call him Dork because he would call the hens over for a stick or feather.

Attachments

• B139F7DE-BAA3-438F-9793-5E972FF37B00.jpeg
    B139F7DE-BAA3-438F-9793-5E972FF37B00.jpeg
    579.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 2926D2DA-B9BC-43BA-92A3-1CDAA9121C7C.jpeg
    2926D2DA-B9BC-43BA-92A3-1CDAA9121C7C.jpeg
    756 KB · Views: 2
  • 9E3CEE94-FFCA-4A1A-8380-99D5C5D45855.jpeg
    9E3CEE94-FFCA-4A1A-8380-99D5C5D45855.jpeg
    521.4 KB · Views: 2
Hello ppl. I’m outside of Kingman and I have three little bantam roosters that need a home but there’s one that we don’t want to put in the freezer. He was with my large hens and rooster and they did great, he even won over a couple hens. He’s a funny boy!! He’s the black one with white ear lobes. I call him Dork because he would call the hens over for a stick or feather.

Hello, good to see that you have found your way over here! Good luck with finding home's for your bantam rooster's. All of my flock are pretty big except for the Dorking's.

No more roosters needed here but I hope you find them a home! You might want to post at the California and Nevada BYC threads too (if those threads have a lot of activity) since it's not that far away from Kingman. I found a great rooster a few months ago here from Bluebaby. I just want to encourage you that there are some people looking for a good roo!

No more roosters needed here but I hope you find them a home! You might want to post at the California and Nevada BYC threads too (if those threads have a lot of activity) since it's not that far away from Kingman. I found a great rooster a few months ago here from Bluebaby. I just want to encourage you that there are some people looking for a good roo!

I'm glad that you gave Roger a chance after that mean roo that you had before.

Thank you and I’ll try that.

Thank you and I’ll try that.
I’ve tried a couple local fb chicken groups with no luck. A couple ppl said yes then disappeared! We’ll put them in the freezer but our black rooster Dork is going to be tough. My husband said he doesn’t know if he can do it. I’ve tried adding him with the other bantams but my tiny rooster wants to fight him. I’ve tried letting them work it out but the tiny guy who I’m keeping takes a beating and he’s much smaller then Dork. It’s a very difficult situation right now because Dorks alone.

Back
Top Bottom