Arizona Chickens

I have a friend that lives in Welton who may take them. I could pick them up Saturday and drop them off if he’s interested

That would be nice. They are young girl's that just started to lay and would be for free, and if nothing else it can be looked at as saving them from my crockpot?

They will squat for you and you can pet them.
And that alone is a huge plus. I smell snake away from next door, so it's the start of rattlesnake season, and I'm looking at going out to the coop after dark to grab my hens off the roost ! I wish I'd manage to work with mine to get them that tame! Grabbing a bird in the daylight to inspect is much preferable in my mind!

And that alone is a huge plus. I smell snake away from next door, so it's the start of rattlesnake season, and I'm looking at going out to the coop after dark to grab my hens off the roost ! I wish I'd manage to work with mine to get them that tame! Grabbing a bird in the daylight to inspect is much preferable in my mind!

I still have one of the Dorking pullet's getting confused as to where to lay her egg. She will squat at my feet. I pick her up and put her where she should lay the egg at. That's how new to laying egg's that these girl's are. :gig

Checking this one out. https://www.costway.com/large-woode...tm_term=4586200441372669&utm_content=Ad+group

I was looking at some nice shady spots near the house. Would 40 feet away be good for quarantine?
For just a quarantine period, I like @Parront 's idea of the large plastic dog crate and temp fencing. And/or, you could fix a temp setup next to the house, shed, or garage to provide a little more security and space. For quarantine, you want distance, and wind direction would be a factor.

Back
Top Bottom