Arizona Chickens

@budkingston , @Geckolady said that she will take 2 of them, so that leaves 4 more that are remaining.
Yeah, I kind of thought I spoke up first 😇but that’s fine. If it was just 4, I’ll take them for myself. I couldn’t take 6 and 4 is stretching it. If my buddy doesn’t take them, they can stay in the backyard.

Yeah, I kind of thought I spoke up first 😇but that’s fine. If it was just 4, I’ll take them for myself. I couldn’t take 6 and 4 is stretching it. If my buddy doesn’t take them, they can stay in the backyard.

That's ok, they are your's then, and now all 6 of them are saved from my crockpot.

@budkingston and @Geckolady Just so you know, these girl's have never been free-ranger's. They have in a coop and run. They are very active, and love the wet feed or pieces of bread when I give them some. I have seen them eat those black ant's and those honey bee's that fly into the run.

This is what it looks like. I will need to nail the boards on top back down and repaint the roof. The roof was originally green, but it hasn't seen any love since 2015. The inside dimensions are 33" wide x 23" deep x 17" high. I think chickens would like it! It may possibly be cedar, I'm not sure.

20210411_153855.jpg

I just called Home Depot to see if they have anything I can use to frame up a run and cover it with wire. I want something that will work for now, and can be attached to the chicken palace later when it's finished. I'll make a trip out there tomorrow.
Pallets and 4-ft chicken wire might be pretty versatile, or maybe something heavier than chicken wire if it has to keep wildlife out. Pallets could be screwed together at right angles. I once made a compost bin that way. My roost/coop structure is made of two pallets with some siding and 2x4s.

Pallets and 4-ft chicken wire might be pretty versatile, or maybe something heavier than chicken wire if it has to keep wildlife out. Pallets could be screwed together at right angles. I once made a compost bin that way. My roost/coop structure is made of two pallets with some siding and 2x4s.

I plan to use something heavier than chicken wire, because I'd like this to be a permanent thing attached to the big coop. He said he'll have it up by the first week of May, so my fingers are crossed. 2 x 4's are pretty sturdy, and I'd like it to be tall enough to walk in.

This is what it looks like. I will need to nail the boards on top back down and repaint the roof. The roof was originally green, but it hasn't seen any love since 2015. The inside dimensions are 33" wide x 23" deep x 17" high. I think chickens would like it! It may possibly be cedar, I'm not sure.

View attachment 2611218

Does it have any holes for ventilation on the back or side's?

Back
Top Bottom