Arizona Chickens

I plan to use something heavier than chicken wire, because I'd like this to be a permanent thing attached to the big coop. He said he'll have it up by the first week of May, so my fingers are crossed. 2 x 4's are pretty sturdy, and I'd like it to be tall enough to walk in.
If you checked out my Bitchute channel, I have three videos that show my various setups. I use galvanized electrical conduit welded together. Then I attach the chicken wire using .032” safety wire. It’s very cheap, relatively, simple as hell to construct and nearly bulletproof. IF I lived in the county and Wile E Coyote was a problem, I’d use 1/4” hardware cloth held down with steel strips and self taping drywall screws.

Attachments

• IMG_5966.JPG
    IMG_5966.JPG
    686.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5490.JPG
    IMG_5490.JPG
    683.9 KB · Views: 4
Similar to mine. This is built with chain link top rails.. 10x10 I can move it by sliding it. In winter here, the tarp is enough. The coldest we were last winter was 8 degrees.
That’s perfect. Probably sturdier than mine as I’ve got some 1/2” conduit in some places. The next ones I build will have hardware cloth close to the ground. I say that because I plan to move to the county and there will be varmets out there. We do have an actual coop but it rarely gets cold enough here to not have it clean completely enclosed, in fact we never have. I can say I haven’t spent more than $300 on chicken buildings. I’ve calculated that the week before I die, I will have saved almost 42 cents by having my own chickens versus buying eggs at Walmart.

That’s perfect. Probably sturdier than mine as I’ve got some 1/2” conduit in some places. The next ones I build will have hardware cloth close to the ground. I say that because I plan to move to the county and there will be varmets out there. We do have an actual coop but it rarely gets cold enough here to not have it clean completely enclosed, in fact we never have. I can say I haven’t spent more than $300 on chicken buildings. I’ve calculated that the week before I die, I will have saved almost 42 cents by having my own chickens versus buying eggs at Walmart.

When you come to pick up your 4 girl's, I'll give you a carton of their egg's. They are still on the smaller size because they just started laying egg's.

Back
Top Bottom