Arizona Chickens

What you really need is the water to grow the grains that feed the cattle... i remember reading an article about U.S. grain producers using Tons (literally) of scarce water to grow grains/food.. that get sent overseas or are used for meat going overseas. So essentially our food goods and our water is leaving.

So we are to do without that food and water to supply China, because more people are also moving here from other countries across the border? It doesn't make sense.

So we are to do without that food and water to supply China, because more people are also moving here from other countries across the border? It doesn't make sense.
Actually our population is on the decline, even accounting for immigration (sorry fox news fans) but we still consume more, and more, and yes, water and food goods are being shipped abroad.. so.. at least we have eggs!! 😆🍳🥚

Speaking of which, just boiled up 15 eggs for the human, fur, and feather kids.

So our chicks are officially moved out of our living room and into a small chicken coop we have outside in the shade :D we moved them on Friday night after giving it a thorough cleaning and adding some branches for them to roost on since they can’t jump high enough to roost on the bar included in the coop. It’s a bit chilly here at night so we hung up the heat lamp and only plug it in at night so they won’t feel the need to huddle up for warmth.Our older chickens don’t seem to mind them being nearby and just ignore them for the most part. Everything is going smoothly so far, hopefully it stays that way! :fl

Actually our population is on the decline, even accounting for immigration (sorry fox news fans) but we still consume more, and more, and yes, water and food goods are being shipped abroad.. so.. at least we have eggs!! 😆🍳🥚

Speaking of which, just boiled up 15 eggs for the human, fur, and feather kids.

Yes, I have egg's and I can eat the extra boy's that happen to hatch out along with the old hen's that stop laying egg's.

I think my younger Aloha girl's should start laying egg's in a couple more week's, and I seen the cockerel already trying to breed one of them today too. His favorite for breeding though is the darker colored NN Aloha hen.

So our chicks are officially moved out of our living room and into a small chicken coop we have outside in the shade :D we moved them on Friday night after giving it a thorough cleaning and adding some branches for them to roost on since they can’t jump high enough to roost on the bar included in the coop. It’s a bit chilly here at night so we hung up the heat lamp and only plug it in at night so they won’t feel the need to huddle up for warmth.Our older chickens don’t seem to mind them being nearby and just ignore them for the most part. Everything is going smoothly so far, hopefully it stays that way! :fl

I would guess that you are releived to be able to have them out of your house. My four 2 1/2 week old chick's are still in the brooder in the house. Did a dust storm pass by you this afternoon? I was just stepping out of the coop when it did over here.

The chicken tractor is put together and it looks pretty, but the wood and latches are flimsy. They will hold chickens, but not predators. Until the chicken palace is built, I think I will use it for the Dorkings to enjoy the outdoors during the day when I am home, and let them stay in the big wire cage on the porch the rest of the time.

Yes, I have egg's and I can eat the extra boy's that happen to hatch out along with the old hen's that stop laying egg's.

I think my younger Aloha girl's should start laying egg's in a couple more week's, and I seen the cockerel already trying to breed one of them today too. His favorite for breeding though is the darker colored NN Aloha hen.
I love how beautiful the Aloha's are... how is their egg song? As quiet as a mouse, or loud as a goose? (Yes, i am daydreaming 💭). I guess coloring wise, a mille fleur is as close as I'll get with a bantam.

Just finished coop cleaning, happy birds.. they always check it out like its a new house.

I love how beautiful the Aloha's are... how is their egg song? As quiet as a mouse, or loud as a goose? (Yes, i am daydreaming 💭). I guess coloring wise, a mille fleur is as close as I'll get with a bantam.

Just finished coop cleaning, happy birds.. they always check it out like its a new house.

The 2 NN Aloha's are quiet, but since the fully feathered necked Aloha's haven't started laying egg's yet, I don't know.

Mine are alway's there like vultures waiting for me to lift the water container's when I clean them out so that they can grab the bug's under them.

Back
Top Bottom