Arizona Chickens

I'm thinking of putting some Dorking eggs in the incubator, but who knows what would hatch. If I end up with a NN Dorking I'm not sure what I would do with it. Aloha coloring would be pretty. One of the eggs was laid today, so it might be too soon to incubate it?

Even if they were fertilized by the regular Aloha cockerel, the Aloha feathering wouldn't show up until the second generation if the girls were bred back to an Aloha rooster. The Aloha cockerel that was running around in the pen with them isn't a Naked Neck Aloha.

Even if they were fertilized by the regular Aloha cockerel, the Aloha feathering wouldn't show up until the second generation if the girls were bred back to an Aloha rooster. The Aloha cockerel that was running around in the pen with them isn't a Naked Neck Aloha.
OK, thank you, all the genetics is confusing to me. That big one you had in the cage on the left was gorgeous.

I'm not letting him breed any of the girl's. I don't trust him not to attack me, and I refuse to pass on a mean rooster's gene's.
Too bad he has to be a mean one. But you are right--no need to produce more birds with lousy temperaments. The Dorkings are walking up to the cage door and letting me stroke their feathers. :)

Too bad he has to be a mean one. But you are right--no need to produce more birds with lousy temperaments. The Dorkings are walking up to the cage door and letting me stroke their feathers. :)

I told you they were nice and friendly girl's. I just couldn't use them in my breeding plan's. They are still good for egg's and could go broody later on as they mature more. If you go peep peep peep, they will chatter back to you, but don't ask me what they are saying. :gig

I would guess that you are releived to be able to have them out of your house. My four 2 1/2 week old chick's are still in the brooder in the house. Did a dust storm pass by you this afternoon? I was just stepping out of the coop when it did over here.
Nope, we did have a bit of sprinkling happening around 2pm for a few minutes but nothing too crazy. I was hoping it would rain a bit so I wouldn’t have to water my garden this afternoon hahaha. And yes! I think they are happy to be outside in a bigger area too, they were getting a bit cramped in the brooder.

Hey folks... long time no see 😅 but got a question for y’all... how do you deal with Javelina that are patrolling around your chicken coop? Non-lethal preferred just want them to move on... they have been here the last 2 nights, mostly munching on prickly pear cacti, but I’m worried they might move on to trying to break into the chickens run to get to their feed soon...

Nope, we did have a bit of sprinkling happening around 2pm for a few minutes but nothing too crazy. I was hoping it would rain a bit so I wouldn’t have to water my garden this afternoon hahaha. And yes! I think they are happy to be outside in a bigger area too, they were getting a bit cramped in the brooder.

No sprinkle's happened here.

I only have the 4 NN chick's in the brooder, and they are 2 1/2 week's old. Each one look's a different color from each other in the feather's that are growing in.

Hey folks... long time no see 😅 but got a question for y’all... how do you deal with Javelina that are patrolling around your chicken coop? Non-lethal preferred just want them to move on... they have been here the last 2 nights, mostly munching on prickly pear cacti, but I’m worried they might move on to trying to break into the chickens run to get to their feed soon...

Long time no see. Check out this link:

https://backyardables.com/how-to-keep-javelinas-out-of-your-yard/

Back
Top Bottom