Arizona Chickens

well it was two against one, you just had to take them! hope they're settling in!
Ok so the red light is on, im letting them settle in before i bug them more for better pics... but, one is a white crested blue polish 💙 and the other is a red frizzle cochin ❤
So hard to see because they were on the bottom tray of the super horrible tray design brooder.. so i did my best at picking the smallest feet/comb for the cochin.. and i know polish are like silkies, so i got the only blue polish there was. I will have to wait impatiently to find out what each end up being!!

The polish has pasty butt.. i cleaned it off and put in a mix of sav-a-chick probiotics and electrolytes. I'll check it's butt again in a few hours. But otherwise they are eating and drinking and really loving the top of their little towel hill!

20210421_131529.jpg

I'll actually need you guys' input about whether the polish is a black or blue.. im flip flopping.. but ill be happy with either. Just monitored them again to make sure they were eating and drinking.. they did both, then they did the baby chick face plant 🥰
I'm glad you have house chickens so you can give them special attention...many times that's where I think my Polish should be.

I didn't figure out for the longest time that all 4 of my Polish were hens - not until I kept getting 4 eggs a day from the special annex. One is pretty flighty, 2 are only a little flighty and the Golden Polish is very calm. I learned how to give them a haircut so they can see better and don't get icicles on their head in winter.

I'm glad you have house chickens so you can give them special attention...many times that's where I think my Polish should be.

I didn't figure out for the longest time that all 4 of my Polish were hens - not until I kept getting 4 eggs a day from the special annex. One is pretty flighty, 2 are only a little flighty and the Golden Polish is very calm. I learned how to give them a haircut so they can see better and don't get icicles on their head in winter.
Im hoping this time around, these new ones bond with my daughter. Currently, with the others, she says.. oh mommy, they only love you!! So ill have her handle them more, especially hoping the polish likes her. I can see that one is already a flier!! Even as teenie tiny it is!

Im hoping this time around, these new ones bond with my daughter. Currently, with the others, she says.. oh mommy, they only love you!! So ill have her handle them more, especially hoping the polish likes her. I can see that one is already a flier!! Even as teenie tiny it is!
Yes, I think my Golden Polish is calm because I had her inside in a crate while on vitamins/electrolytes for a couple weeks as a juvenile and spent lots of time with her. I think that is KEY. She is also calm for my husband.

My Polish flock like to be up high so they can look down and see something!... anything! They sleep on top of a homemade crate most of the time - not on the roost branch inside the crate.

Back
Top Bottom