Arizona Chickens

Maybe!! It pulled off one of the poles on my ramada covers.. I'll fix it once the wind is over.

Ok.. we have names 🥁 continuing the disney theme...
Flower 🦨 for the polish (from bambi) and Ariel, from the little mermaid 🧜‍♀️
Ok and the kid has already revised names... flower and bambi... since they are "besties" 😆

AngBantamLuv

I had Polish recently, and longer in the past. The recent were LF. and were not very large. Layed medium to small size eggs. About 10 years ago , had a bantam Polish. Was not very small. You can view pix of her in my Gallery. Black with white hairdo.
The sexing of Polish is not as difficult as with Silkies. The hens have a nice rounded mushroom shaped Hairdo. The cockerels tend to develop spiked style hairdos.

AngBantamLuv

I had Polish recently, and longer in the past. The recent were LF. and were not very large. Layed medium to small size eggs. About 10 years ago , had a bantam Polish. Was not very small. You can view pix of her in my Gallery. Black with white hairdo.
The sexing of Polish is not as difficult as with Silkies. The hens have a nice rounded mushroom shaped Hairdo. The cockerels tend to develop spiked style hairdos.
Very interesting! Well i hope this one is smaller, and female.. i got the two smallest chicks, of course of my first D'uccles, the tiniest was a male.. but both of these had long wing feathers.. who knows! It was really hard to see in that new ts brooder setup.

I did see several internet posts that showed fluffy new chicks tops, and claimed you could sex then fairly accurately that way right before their actual feathers start coming in. I'll take a look in a few minutes. In the pics, if you viewed them from the top of their poof, you could see the eyes on the boys, but the top was wide enough in the girls to block their eyes. Hope we get to keep it!

Poopy butt struck again for the polish. At least i know stuff is moving along. So this time i soaked its little butt (rest of it was dry), got it super clean, then added olive oil so the skin isn't so dry. Other than that, it is eating its crumble and drinking the sav-a-chick water.. anything else i should do? It is bare skin under the tail, no little feathers for anything to catch on.

Poopy butt struck again for the polish. At least i know stuff is moving along. So this time i soaked its little butt (rest of it was dry), got it super clean, then added olive oil so the skin isn't so dry. Other than that, it is eating its crumble and drinking the sav-a-chick water.. anything else i should do? It is bare skin under the tail, no little feathers for anything to catch on.

Did you put the drop of the olive oil at the vent, so that it can work it's way in there. That will help to keep the poop from being hard when it come's out if that's the problem.

Did you put the drop of the olive oil at the vent, so that it can work it's way in there. That will help to keep the poop from being hard when it come's out if that's the problem.
Yep, at the vent and the surrounding area, since it looked a little dry/irritated. Should i be adding anything else food/drink wise? Im going to put acv water later today, and back to sav-a-chick tomorrow.

Yep, at the vent and the surrounding area, since it looked a little dry/irritated. Should i be adding anything else food/drink wise? Im going to put acv water later today, and back to sav-a-chick tomorrow.

Although I have heard here on BYC that some give the ACV to those younger chick's, I never have done it that young. I do however add the vitamins with electrolytes to the water for them though. I also use a finer ground chick feed that I get at the local feed store over here that seem's like it's easier for them to eat.

Although I have heard here on BYC that some give the ACV to those younger chick's, I never have done it that young. I do however add the vitamins with electrolytes to the water for them though. I also use a finer ground chick feed that I get at the local feed store over here that seem's like it's easier for them to eat.
I use the Ace Hi chick starter mash by the Star Milling Co. for my younger chick's.

https://starmilling.com/pdfs/products/poultry/ace-hi/ace-hi-product-sheet.pdf

Back
Top Bottom