Arizona Chickens

I use the Ace Hi chick starter mash by the Star Milling Co. for my younger chick's.

https://starmilling.com/pdfs/products/poultry/ace-hi/ace-hi-product-sheet.pdf
I did get mash from Pratts the first time around. This time (seriously, i cannot walk into another feed store that has chicks) i picked up Rising Chicks, it says its for chicks, ducklings, and goslings.. 22% protein. It is a crumble, but has more powder to it it seems. They took to it immediately when i put it in the brooder yesterday.

Both have been eating and drinking well this morning, and have face planted into the towel hill. I guess that means i need to actually work and not stare at them anymore.

Thanks. It's been 6 months. I'll hang on to this bag until I can get another one. It seems like TSC is always sold out lately. There's no telling if anything will hatch on this third try. I bought the incubator at a yard sale for $2 or $3 some years back. Maybe they knew something that I don't know when they sold it that cheaply. If things go bad again this time, it's probably time for a new incubator.

Thanks. It's been 6 months. I'll hang on to this bag until I can get another one. It seems like TSC is always sold out lately. There's no telling if anything will hatch on this third try. I bought the incubator at a yard sale for $2 or $3 some years back. Maybe they knew something that I don't know when they sold it that cheaply. If things go bad again this time, it's probably time for a new incubator.
Might be worth keeping for parts if you get the same model?

I want to get that 360 model... where you set the days and it stops rotating on time. Although quail might have to go on hold since we got our new little loves!

I guess there is a fight on tv? I hear the sound in unison echoing throughout the neighborhood...

The NN chick's in the brooder will be 3 week's old tomorrow, so I decided to break up a little bit of the bread crumbs from a slice of bread for them. They decided that they liked it, and came back for more. One of them even hopped up on my arm to get a better grab of the piece.
🥺 now i want a naked neck.

The NN chick's in the brooder will be 3 week's old tomorrow, so I decided to break up a little bit of the bread crumbs from a slice of bread for them. They decided that they liked it, and came back for more. One of them even hopped up on my arm to get a better grab of the piece.
I've been using bread crumbs to give the barred pullet a bit of aspirin, so now the andalusian and one of the jumpy MM Marans come running out to greet me, and they all follow me into the pen! one of them jumped up and bit my finger! No one jumping onto my arm though.

Back
Top Bottom