Arizona Chickens

Hotter than forecast by several degrees!! (nothing new)
1623706825903.png

The power went out yesterday and didn't come back on until after 11:00 pm. When I called it in, the recording said there were a lot of people across the state without power. The internet went down along with the power. I was so happy when the AC came back on!
that's awful! that's my biggest fear especially during a heat wave. The house becomes unlivable pretty quickly. would make me think twice about opening the freezer to swap out ice bottles too. at least I have a battery operated fan for the birds, tho I haven't used it yet as the mister and other measures have been adequate so far. not looking forward to thursday when the clouds come and the temps stay up though.

The power went out yesterday and didn't come back on until after 11:00 pm. When I called it in, the recording said there were a lot of people across the state without power. The internet went down along with the power. I was so happy when the AC came back on!

It might have been from those fires that are up there. They said on the new's last night that the weather is making the fires unpredictable. I feel for you without the ac though. A few year's back our's went out in the summer, and we were lucky to locate an ac man as quick as we did to get it back up and running again.

that's awful! that's my biggest fear especially during a heat wave. The house becomes unlivable pretty quickly. would make me think twice about opening the freezer to swap out ice bottles too. at least I have a battery operated fan for the birds, tho I haven't used it yet as the mister and other measures have been adequate so far. not looking forward to thursday when the clouds come and the temps stay up though.
Yes, if it is critical (and biggest fear) do all you can to prepare for it. I have to remember to fill up water everywhere and any spare pots, buckets, tanks, etc in case electricity goes out (since electric powered well pump). Next make sure have fuel for generator if need to run it when stored water runs out. Then have some cotton sheets or even burlap, old towels to wet down to make evap cooling if it comes to no AC. I have a battery powered fan and some solar powered fans too.

Whenever I travel by car in summer I use the battery powered fan and tank of water & sheets to evap cool in case of traffic stoppage. Especially important if you have any animals in car (I try not to in summer).

It might have been from those fires that are up there. They said on the new's last night that the weather is making the fires unpredictable. I feel for you without the ac though. A few year's back our's went out in the summer, and we were lucky to locate an ac man as quick as we did to get it back up and running again.
AC parts may be in short supply even if you find a repairman. My neighbor in mesa (an electrical engineer or electrician?) ended up fabricating a motherboard for his AC when it went out last year when no parts available for months.

AC parts may be in short supply even if you find a repairman. My neighbor in mesa (an electrical engineer or electrician?) ended up fabricating a motherboard for his AC when it went out last year when no parts available for months.

Our's had gone out a few year's back before all of the covid madness began. I hope it keeps working until thing's at least get better.

Back
Top Bottom