Arizona Chickens

It might be hard for them to want to share that big handsome boy. ;)
LOL, the other day Dora and Big Ben were calling back and forth. They can't see each other, but they know they're there. Best translation: Come and rescue me! The only company I have here is grouchy and broody! You sound handsome!

Poor Roger will just have to deal with another gal in his harem.

LOL, the other day Dora and Big Ben were calling back and forth. They can't see each other, but they know they're there. Best translation: Come and rescue me! The only company I have here is grouchy and broody! You sound handsome!

Poor Roger will just have to deal with another gal in his harem.

Don't you mean that Roger will just have to deal with the 4 new gals in his harem? :lau

When I went out there a while ago, all but one of the girl's was down there with the mister's. The other hen was standing near the nesting box chatting away, and acting like she was getting ready to lay an egg.

My next door neighbor has lost 2 of their hen's within the past month most likely from the heat. They were fully feathered one's. Now they only have one more fully feathered hen left, and the rest of that flock are Naked Neck's that they got from me. None of mine have passed though.

When I went out there a while ago, all but one of the girl's was down there with the mister's. The other hen was standing near the nesting box chatting away, and acting like she was getting ready to lay an egg.

My next door neighbor has lost 2 of their hen's within the past month most likely from the heat. They were fully feathered one's. Now they only have one more fully feathered hen left, and the rest of that flock are Naked Neck's that they got from me. None of mine have passed though.
It's sad for your neighbors losses, but it speaks very well for your breeding for heat tolerance.

It's sad for your neighbors losses, but it speaks very well for your breeding for heat tolerance.

Yes, it's always sad to loose a part of your flock that way. One of those hen's had been an older hen though, so that might have also contributed to her passing during the heat.

Edit: They told me that they will only get the Naked Neck's from me when they need replacement's for their flock.

It’s a bit hazy here in Phoenix from the smoke so I hope everyone who’s near the fires is staying safe! I loaded up with some watermelons for my girls so I can give them some throughout the week for the heat. Has anyone tried cooking an egg on the sidewalk yet? ;)
I was up in Prescott where it's several degrees cooler (usually) and I could have probably cooked an egg on the sidewalk.

Back
Top Bottom