Arizona Chickens

Yesterday about 7am. I think scheduled hatch date is 7/13. I'm also testing the HatchKeeper App to keep track of the dates. We'll see what happens... I'm only incubating NN mix eggs right now. Maybe at candling I will add some Barred Holland to replace any bad eggs, I don't know yet if I want a potential staggered hatch in one incubator since this is my first attempt at incubating.

I could put the ones on lockdown in my home made incubator if needed.

According to my calculation's on when you put them in, you should start your lock-down on July 10th for a July 12th hatch.

Write it down so you don't forget.
Yes ma'm - Done! 20210623_203804.jpg

We got 3/4" steady rain yesterday and last nite! Not much lightning and very little wind so helped with fire suppression here. Nearby Paulden areas and some more remote ranches got let off the Ready (of Ready-Set-GO) fire status yesterday.

My wire crates metal and plastic tray bottoms were full of rainwater where I had them in case of emergency flock evac.

Areas west toward Sedona not as fortunate. My boss in Sedona is on 'Ready' so I told him to go to my place in Mesa if he has to GO since I don't think we'll need to go. He might go to Flag with his son but not sure of Flag's fire status.

If you wait until GO status the traffic is a nightmare and if you have large animals you are supposed to go on 'Set' status.

We got 3/4" steady rain yesterday and last nite! Not much lightning and very little wind so helped with fire suppression here. Nearby Paulden areas and some more remote ranches got let off the Ready (of Ready-Set-GO) fire status yesterday.

My wire crates metal and plastic tray bottoms were full of rainwater where I had them in case of emergency flock evac.

Areas west toward Sedona not as fortunate. My boss in Sedona is on 'Ready' so I told him to go to my place in Mesa if he has to GO since I don't think we'll need to go. He might go to Flag with his son but not sure of Flag's fire status.

If you wait until GO status the traffic is a nightmare and if you have large animals you are supposed to go on 'Set' status.
We only got a few sprinkles yesterday and today we are getting a few more right now.

Back
Top Bottom