Arizona Chickens

It might be a bit of a drive, but Pratt’s usually takes in roosters whenever they have room. They took in my rooster after I called and asked, good luck finding them homes! I know how stressful it can be :(
I would only go that far if they would buy them. My big Barred Holland is a pretty rare breed, but not a popular one. Here is a photo of him with his ladies this spring.

Attachments

• Barred Holland 050121.jpg
    Barred Holland 050121.jpg
    815 KB · Views: 1
I would only go that far if they would buy them. My big Barred Holland is a pretty rare breed, but not a popular one. Here is a photo of him with his ladies this spring.
They do! They gave me $10 for him but I was more focused on getting him a new home than on the money, it did buy the chickens a bag of meal worms though ;) he was a bantam so quite small, I’m not sure if they’d pay more depending on the size? It might be worth it to call and ask

Knowing her, if no one take's them, she will send them to freezer camp.
The Dorkings I would hope to have go to breeder homes, they are pretty difficult to come by. I waited 2 years for them. I would even sell the Red Dorkings as a pair, if I could get some eggs later. ;) I only got 4 Dorkings, 3 were cockerels. One Red Dorking cockerel has the crossed beak. One is not Red, but the Colored Dorking variety. That leaves one Red Dorking cockerel, and one Red Dorking pullet as a pair, that I was thinking of keeping.

Well, you know it had to happen. We got a visit from the Animal Control office and the say they have had "multiple" complaints about roosters. We have until Tuesday to stop the crowing on our place, and my neighbor's too. So, if someone here can keep roosters, some very nice Red Dorking and Welbar roos that I wanted to keep longer will be available. Husband does not want to pay $137.00 ticket.:confused:
I will be putting some of them on CL, but that is not very effective around here, if they start enforcing. I think they were not doing it while Covid was active, now the city workers need something to do. Too bad they do not give tickets for the noise the guy makes across the street with his car stereo and screeching tires! :rant
Sad how petty some can be. But once the roosters are gone, you'll have no fear about reporting the noisemakers and wreckless drivers!

Back
Top Bottom