Arizona Chickens

Excellent! Are you going to test it right away? Or wait till the weather cools off?

Before I do anything with it, I'm going to be going over and reading the instruction's that should be coming with it, and make sure there's nothing wrong with it. I can decide after that, because I know that I now have fertile egg's here again.

Last night the lightning and thunder kept me awake! The girls woke up with some ruffled feathers because I’m assuming some went out while it was still sprinkling :gigI’m sure they’re enjoying the cooler temperature..even if it means tomorrow will be humid!
I had the same problem, woke me first when the phone's started blaring flash alerts and he didn't even stir so I turned his off. Then my daughter woke up from the thunder, she's 18 months old. Fortunately she didn't cry but kept staring at the window flashing and every boom she'd bury her face in my side. She finally went back to sleep and then the thunder woke up the chicks in my bathroom, a few ended up in their water bowl, got them dried off and settled down ended up leaving the bathroom light on all night. I couldn't tell if the lightening flashes were scaring them too but they stayed calm with the whole room lit up instead of just their box. When I finally got back in bed my husband started talking in his sleep saying why are you letting them bang around in the kitchen, I think he was dreaming about the kids and the thunder was them banging around out there😆 I never did fall fully asleep after that, like I was stuck at the halfway point and still heard everything so every little chirp from the bathroom and my eyes shot open.

I'll just take the one colored one. Maybe @Geckolady might like that other one for her Dorking girl's?
If he were a silver grey I'd be interested, but I already have Big Ben and the possibility of some cockerels with the three little Leghorns. Thanks for thinking of me anyway.

If he were a silver grey I'd be interested, but I already have Big Ben and the possibility of some cockerels with the three little Leghorns. Thanks for thinking of me anyway.
With him you could sex your Silver's chicks at hatch, girls will be red, boys silver. But, I agree, one roo is enough!:) If nothing else, I will get to taste some dorking flavor.

LOL! I just posted their little faces on a thread asking about gender, but everyone says they're too young to tell.

I've heard Leghorn cockerels can be a handful. Lucky for me, mine didn't read the rule book.
All babies are so cute! For a Leghorn, baby is over @ 4 weeks. Attitude @ 8 weeks! Teenage crowing @ 10 weeks! Gotta love Leghorns they grow up so fast. Eggs @ 18 weeks for all the Brown Leghorns I have ever had, some sooner.

Back
Top Bottom