Arizona Chickens

Flooding is much more likely, and worse, in a fire scar area. Areas that would not normally come close to flooding, do so, requiring the evacuations. Be Careful!

That will probably be a problem for a lot of people. Some places just north of Flagstaff get flooded every time it rains because they're in a burn scar, so there's a good chance they're having a pretty bad time right now. :(

The emergency alert just came over the phone saying I'm in a flash flood warning zone. It said to stay home unless fleeing a flooding area. It's coming down hard, but I'm at the top of a pretty decent sized hill. Looks like playing on the computer is on the agenda for today since nothing will get done outside. We do need the water, but not all in one weekend! :eek:

At least you won't need to make a special trip to the store to get some. Now you can hatch some red Dorking eggs! :D

They had evacuations over in Snowflake, Taylor, and Shumway because Silver Creek and the Little Colorado River flooded. Other areas flooded too, but I drive through Snowflake and Taylor often. They're saying that people keep stealing the signs they put up to warn drivers not to go down flooded roads. What sort of person would even do that? :mad:

Here at the top of my little hill, the pond has water again. If it stayed full instead of only hav
I've got flash flood warnings, started raining about 7am yesterday, been a few short breaks but it's still coming down. My daughter woke at midnight to a leak in her room. I hope there's harsh punishment for anyone stealing those signs, I think they should be required to pay for damages or injuries of anyone caught in the flood because of it.

I hope there's harsh punishment for anyone stealing those signs
Problem is,,,,,,,, its done by vandals, and they just trashed those signs, rather than stole, and kept at their home.. It does not make sense to me at all why someone would do such a malicious/dangerous thing. :mad:

It's raining here too, but not too hard.

I opened up the air vent on the 360 all the way, and now it read's 59%. I went ahead and only put 6 of those egg's in the center portion of the turner, to test it out. I'm not going to set a big batch until I know how this one is going to work.
Pull the plug out of the B channel. that helps a lot also with humidity

Pull the plug out of the B channel. that helps a lot also with humidity

I was able to bring it back down to where it should be at. Thanks' for the tip in case it goes back up too high again later. We usually don't have the rain so that might have had something to do with the higher humidity also? I am liking this incubator more than my styrofoam one so far. I put my older one back in it's box for now.

Last night both possible routes into town were underwater and closed. But I have food, electricity, two muddy-pawed collies, and plenty of chickens for company. Hope this recedes soon.
My husband's job site is under water, he does digging and leveling with heavy equipment before houses and roads are built. Some areas are 20 ft deep, luckily nobody lives out there yet but he's off work until it drains, he's volunteered to pump water out as soon as they figure out where to pump it to. He says there are aquifers on neighboring farmlands but it's illegal to pump the water over there, idk if there needs to be some sort of contract with the land owners permitting it but I'm sure they'd appreciate more water to fill their wells. The whole thing sounds like some government overreach issues making it harder on the farmers but I don't know a lot about it. Haven't confirmed it yet but there's talk of downtown flooding, I know the washes are running and they're normally dry, and the lakes are overflowing, last year the lakes dropped several feet and they refused to refill them, nobody could fish and the boat ramp was closed. Supposed to be more rain coming later in the week, I know we need it but I wish it would spread out some. I need a chart of what weeds the chickens can't eat to clear them out, otherwise they're gonna love all this greenery.

My husband's job site is under water, he does digging and leveling with heavy equipment before houses and roads are built. Some areas are 20 ft deep, luckily nobody lives out there yet but he's off work until it drains,
I hope they figure out where to put that kind of water, before they build on the site!
he's volunteered to pump water out as soon as they figure out where to pump it to. He says there are aquifers on neighboring farmlands but it's illegal to pump the water over there, idk if there needs to be some sort of contract with the land owners permitting it but I'm sure they'd appreciate more water to fill their wells. The whole thing sounds like some government overreach issues making it harder on the farmers but I don't know a lot about it.
I had a temp job once that involved cut/paste/paraphrase all of a state's regs, a state at a time. Was dismayed to see that AZ was nearly as big as CA and Connecticut and Rhode Island (whose regs were tomes!).
I need a chart of what weeds the chickens can't eat to clear them out, otherwise they're gonna love all this greenery.
Seems there're always some weeds the birds leave alone. Usually ones with fuzzies on them, which make them feel bad in their mouths. Haven't had any problems in Mayer or Black Canyon. Where abouts are you located?

Back
Top Bottom