Arizona Chickens

Yes, I have a broody NN that is supposed to be busy paying her rent in green eggs! She is guarding the one side of the nest boxes, the other birds are laying in there with her, too. She keeps trying to hatch the fake egg, going to have to take that out.

Are you going to give her some duck egg's to hatch for you? :lau

I live in Cornville, AZ (Sedona area)
9D1AA050-C4D6-4E0C-A81F-B827E78D02CA.jpeg
& have a young BC Marans rooster available. From Greenfire stock including their APA line. Mama lays very dark eggs. Feathered feet/French type. Please message me to make sure I see replies.

I live in Cornville, AZ (Sedona area) View attachment 2778982& have a young BC Marans rooster available. From Greenfire stock including their APA line. Mama lays very dark eggs. Feathered feet/French type. Please message me to make sure I see replies.
Hello, and welcome to the Arizona state thread! I'll have to pass on your boy. I just took in 2 new cockerel's yesterday. I hope that you will be able to find a good home for your boy (if he isn't a mean one).

3 chicks - now 3 & 4 days old. Another didn't make it. I think 3 out of 4 isn't bad for my first batch. Another 8 eggs in incubator may hatch around August 9th.
View attachment 2778988
2 Barred Holland and a Naked Neck/Wyandotte mix.

Congrats'! I see that one of them hatched out as a Naked Neck with a bib.

I live in Cornville, AZ (Sedona area) View attachment 2778982& have a young BC Marans rooster available. From Greenfire stock including their APA line. Mama lays very dark eggs. Feathered feet/French type. Please message me to make sure I see replies.
Glad you joined us here on AZ group. He is very pretty! I hope you find someone who needs him for their flock. My DH works in the Cornville area and we live in Chino Valley near Prescott.

Yes what I thought was a bowtie is a big bib and also alot of feathers on the face.

Yes, you get that when you do a first cross with a non-Naked Neck parent. Breed it back to another Naked Neck, or even back to Roger if it's a pullet. Breeding back to another Naked Neck will strengthen and you could start getting the smaller amount of feathering on both the neck and the eye area. The idea with those are to work to breed to a bowtie, and then to a clean necked one if that is what you want.

Back
Top Bottom