Arizona Chickens

Well, I hope peanut butter will be an effective lure. We're worried if there's already a nest and babies stashed away we'll only get the parents and then we'll have a nest of dead, rotting baby mice hidden in the house somewhere. Bleh.

I've seen what hens do to a mouse! Impressive. Maybe we need some house hens.
That would depend on how old that the babies are that are in the nest. If they are old enough with open eyes and able to come out and help themselves to food, they won't starve. They just raid the dogfood bowl's.

I'm waiting for the mailman to get here with that first batch of hatching egg's that I bought off of ebay.

Ok, those shipped Bielefelder hatching egg's are here. I have unpacked them, and they are resting from the trip in an egg carton small end down. I was told to leave them like that for 24 hours to help to settle the air cells. Tomorrow they will go into the incubator, so the hatch date will be November 15th or 16th. Oh, and there are 11 egg's in this batch.

Somehow a mouse got inside our house! I thought I'd heard something in the kitchen the last few nights and my housemate saw it last night. I guess it came in looking for warmth and food as the seasons change.

We've set up humane traps all around the kitchen and living room. I was wondering why my allergies and asthma were kicking up! It's spreading allergens all over that will not go away just because we catch and remove the mouse. There had better not be a nest around here somewhere! I sense a big spring cleaning coming up right when I had a camping trip planned for next week. Grrrrr.
in some areas, the mouse poop & pee carries hanta virus, so be careful. If you have any food in the lower cabinets in plastic or the original boxes/bags, the mice might be feeding on them. Usually they get in thru the opening around a drain or water pipe under the sink.

Ok, those shipped Bielefelder hatching egg's are here. I have unpacked them, and they are resting from the trip in an egg carton small end down. I was told to leave them like that for 24 hours to help to settle the air cells. Tomorrow they will go into the incubator, so the hatch date will be November 15th or 16th. Oh, and there are 11 egg's in this batch.
that's great that they arrived so promptly!

Well, I hope peanut butter will be an effective lure. We're worried if there's already a nest and babies stashed away we'll only get the parents and then we'll have a nest of dead, rotting baby mice hidden in the house somewhere. Bleh.

I've seen what hens do to a mouse! Impressive. Maybe we need some house hens.
I've used peanut butter, but sometimes the commercial bait (poison) is better. Maybe cat/dog food or chicken food if the peanut butter doesn't work.

How exciting!

in some areas, the mouse poop & pee carries hanta virus, so be careful. If you have any food in the lower cabinets in plastic or the original boxes/bags, the mice might be feeding on them. Usually they get in thru the opening around a drain or water pipe under the sink.
If you decide to use some foam spray to seal off their entrances, you might want to know that there is literally nothing that will get Loctite Tite Foam off your hands once it dries, so be sure to wear gloves. I didn't a few weeks ago, and nothing but nothing would take it off. I googled it and learned that with that particular brand, you just have to wait days for it to wear off your hands. Nothing works. :he They sell loads of that stuff at Lowe's.

Back
Top Bottom