Arizona Chickens

We've been going through all of our food items. Haven't found anything that looks like a mouse has gotten to it, yet. We're reluctant to use poisons in case any of the dogs eats a mouse. One of them used to be a stray and he kind of eats anything, from moths to lizards. 🤢

Since we use peanut butter in the live capture traps - and carefully placed them where the dogs can't reach them - they've been wandering around sniffing the air... "Heyyyyyyyy wait a minute. Someone has peanut butter around here..." 😄

EmmaDonovan

You probably don't have a kitty kat:gig a mouser:old, not one of these.
1635229947829.png

So in the evenings when there is no daytime noises present,,, do you by chance hears soft gentle music??? and no idea where its coming from??
Kitty kat's ' friends,,,:idunno
1635230192662.png

Coyotes rarely enter enclosed areas and do not kill indiscriminately. Javalina are strict vegetarians and only attack when threatened. I had a problem with a raccoon a couple of years ago. It would reach through the chicken wire at night grab a duck or chicken and pull all the breast meat off the birds. This sounds like classic domestic dogs to me. Even the best behaved fidos can go into a killing frenzy, particularity when they are with one or two of their buddies. They will leave this kind of carnage behind.
Not true, I have had javelina attack and eat chickens. When the state vet was out she confirmed that Javelina are omnivores and would and have attacked livestock and have been found eating them.

Not true, I have had javelina attack and eat chickens. When the state vet was out she confirmed that Javelina are omnivores and would and have attacked livestock and have been found eating them.
They recently had on the new's about a woman that had been bitten on the arm by a javelina while she was out walking her dog's. They stitched up her arm but it looked pretty nasty.

They recently had on the new's about a woman that had been bitten on the arm by a javelina while she was out walking her dog's. They stitched up her arm but it looked pretty nasty.
Javalina have long sharp (self sharpening canines) that can do extensive damage. They use them for rooting around and digging up roots. And they are very good in defense. For an animal that is virtually blind they come in handy for defense. Since they see very poorly they often feel threatened. If you have a javelina close by that stomps and clicks his teeth, watch out.

They certainly go after any old meat that's in the garbage can on garbage day! I used to have to bungee the trash can to the fence. Now I don't have a fence so just hope the javelina don't find the garbage at the new place.

Back
Top Bottom