Arizona Chickens

I found out yesterday how slow that the mail from the post office is in being delivered. My SIL in Florida sent me a birthday card (post mark was on May 12th). I received it in the mail box yesterday (May 20th). She had sent it in plenty of time that it should have arrived according to that post mark. I guess the P.O. decided to send it by the old time pony express.

I found out yesterday how slow that the mail from the post office is in being delivered. My SIL in Florida sent me a birthday card (post mark was on May 12th). I received it in the mail box yesterday (May 20th). She had sent it in plenty of time that it should have arrived according to that post mark. I guess the P.O. decided to send it by the old time pony express.
It looks like the pony express ride already took place this year. https://www.hashknifeponyexpress.com

Big Ben keeps looking at the chicken tractor and scratching the ground. I hope that doesn't mean he wants to fight with his grandsons.

He probably think's that they are invader's of his space.

Well, he seems to think the whole place is his, so probably.

The chicks keep wanting to stay in the bottom run part of the tractor. As dusk I tried putting them in the top where it would be warmer and probably safer. They ran back down again as quickly as I could put them up there, so it looks like they'll be spending their first night outdoors sitting on the ground. The low tonight is supposed to be around 46, so I hope they will be OK. :( They are fully feathered.

They are 6 week's old now, right? I think they might be ok, providing that the side that the wind is blowing from has been blocked off. Remember that it can be the wind chill factor that makes you feel even colder?

It's supposed to be calm tonight, with "gusts" of 6 mph, so the wind shouldn't be too bad. I'm just worried about them on their first night outside. But it is nice to have them out of the house!

It's supposed to be calm tonight, with "gusts" of 6 mph, so the wind shouldn't be too bad. I'm just worried about them on their first night outside. But it is nice to have them out of the house!

I completely understand wanting to get them out of the house. I put mine out there before they even get that old because they are jumping and flinging the poop all over in the brooder.

I completely understand wanting to get them out of the house. I put mine out there before they even get that old because they are jumping and flinging the poop all over in the brooder.
LOL, that's why I'm glad they're outside! :D They were huddled in one corner. They wouldn't stay in the top part, though.

Back
Top Bottom