Arizona Chickens

The hoop structures are great! I'd bet that the shade cloth would keep out the rain, at least if they doubled it. Reminds me of my old trampoline arc coop--using the frame of the trampoline to make 2 half-circles, 6 ft apart, with fencing etc, all covered in shade cloth.

I have the shade cloth covering the end of my chicken coop that the top is covered in wire where I run the mister's at when the heat rises. My shade cloth is only a single layer though, and this is going on the 6th year that it's been up there now. I do have an extra spare one for whenever that one wear's out beyond further use, as I bought 2 of them back then. A single layered one will not keep out the rain, but the mister's create wet ground anyway's when you have them on.

I have the shade cloth covering the end of my chicken coop that the top is covered in wire where I run the mister's at when the heat rises. My shade cloth is only a single layer though, and this is going on the 6th year that it's been up there now. I do have an extra spare one for whenever that one wear's out beyond further use, as I bought 2 of them back then. A single layered one will not keep out the rain, but the mister's create wet ground anyway's when you have them on.
Smart move buying 2 of them! and that was before our series of supply chain/economy problems!

Smart move buying 2 of them! and that was before our series of supply chain/economy problems!

It's always good to have a spare of anything, especially with the way thing's are now these day's, like you said. Even in clothing, if I find a style that I like, I buy at least 2 of them, preferably in different color's. Styles change so fast, and if you don't buy more, there won't be any left in your size when you go back there.

Hopefully, "both" the boys. Hopefully I don't have a male black sex link instead of a female cuckoo maran or two...

That's the problem when you get chick's of different breed's that are supposed to be all pullet's. Then you have to grow them out to make sure that they really are pullet's or not. It's the same when you hatch your own egg's too, as you don't know what sex is going to pop out of those egg's. The only way that you can be sure of what sex that they are at hatch or a day old is to have an auto-sexing breed.

That's the problem when you get chick's of different breed's that are supposed to be all pullet's. Then you have to grow them out to make sure that they really are pullet's or not. It's the same when you hatch your own egg's too, as you don't know what sex is going to pop out of those egg's. The only way that you can be sure of what sex that they are at hatch or a day old is to have an auto-sexing breed.
True, but I can't complain. I wanted the surprise of seeing what I got, both breeds and genders. Oh, funny you say about auto-sexing! I have a cream legbar pullet (unless they're using them to make easter eggers...) and I saw a cream legbar rooster on craigslist. Too bad I don't dare have a rooster.

True, but I can't complain. I wanted the surprise of seeing what I got, both breeds and genders. Oh, funny you say about auto-sexing! I have a cream legbar pullet (unless they're using them to make easter eggers...) and I saw a cream legbar rooster on craigslist. Too bad I don't dare have a rooster.

They are using the cream legbars to make the one's that they call Lakeshore Egger's. I still have 2 of them (Lakeshore Egger's) here that I held onto until the Bielefelder's could start laying. I had some of the Crested Cream Legbar's before. The hen's layed blue egg's, but the rooster attacked me so he ended up in the freezer.

They are using the cream legbars to make the one's that they call Lakeshore Egger's. I still have 2 of them (Lakeshore Egger's) here that I held onto until the Bielefelder's could start laying. I had some of the Crested Cream Legbar's before. The hen's layed blue egg's, but the rooster attacked me so he ended up in the freezer.
I wonder if there's a chance any "egger" that Ideal might make, could have a salmon breast even if it's a male. I don't suspect that bird for any reason, I just assumed when I saw its crest and its salmon breast, that it was a female cream legbar. I hope my assumption pans out... Do yours have crests?

I wonder if there's a chance any "egger" that Ideal might make, could have a salmon breast even if it's a male. I don't suspect that bird for any reason, I just assumed when I saw its crest and its salmon breast, that it was a female cream legbar. I hope my assumption pans out... Do yours have crests?

The 2 Lakeshore egger's that I have do not have crest's, and each girl has a different color so it's easy to tell them apart. They are part of that group of 4 girl's that I have been wanting to sell. They made a year old yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom