Arizona Chickens

I've been constantly researching weather stations (for months actually). I'm just window shopping for when I have extra cash (never). Some of them have barometers and will give you forecasts based on rising/dropping barometer.

Also the wunderground.com gives you a lot of data on surrounding people's weather stations that have chosen to share data on web - there are hundreds in my area. Main reason I'm not spending money on one right now.
I use wunderground.com, it and whatever is on my phone are the reason for my complaining. There are 1-2 stations in my area.**ETA___ the wunderground station I have selected is within a few feet of my elevation too.

I use wunderground.com, it and whatever is on my phone are the reason for my complaining. There are 1-2 stations in my area.**ETA___ the wunderground station I have selected is within a few feet of my elevation too.
Wow! I wonder if your nearby stations are in a microclimate or even undercover of a greenhouse/shadehouse for them to be inaccurate for the open air weather. If I had one I'd have the temps reading inside my greenhouse, in a couple areas of different coops and then one in the open - I don't know if you might tell the microclimate where it's measuring unless the owner gives it an understandable name (most people don't - it seems).

You need your own weather station! I don't know how to afford a good one right now though.

Chicks, eggs, plants, veggies...YES!
All of those would add up to what you want to get. I once bought some started pullet's that were 6 week's old and I paid $10.00 each for them back a few year's ago. Of course they were breed's that you could tell the sex of by that age.

All of those would add up to what you want to get. I once bought some started pullet's that were 6 week's old and I paid $10.00 each for them back a few year's ago. Of course they were breed's that you could tell the sex of by that age.
I was looking at the price of some of the tomato plants in stores now (we have so many that we up potted to 3.5 gal pots) just to compare - they go for about $14. Even the plants in large solo cups - that size goes for about $6. My neighbor was selling them for $4.50 and some are not typical varieties you find in stores. I'm rooting alot of the suckers to have more plants.

I was looking at the price of some of the tomato plants in stores now (we have so many that we up potted to 3.5 gal pots) just to compare - they go for about $14. Even the plants in large solo cups - that size goes for about $6. My neighbor was selling them for $4.50 and some are not typical varieties you find in stores. I'm rooting alot of the suckers to have more plants.
Good grief! At that rate you'll be able to buy a cabinet incubator and a weather station!

I was just out there when my red Naked Neck hen laid an egg a bit ago. She's the only Naked Neck that I still have. She loves to talk to me and squats in submission to let me pet her. I still had one space left in my incubator, so I marked her egg and added it. If it's fertile, it will be that last egg to hatch at least a couple of day's after the original one's that I put in there. I'm not sure that the cockerel is getting to all the girl's yet or not, as he still seems scared of the older hen's. So this hatch that I started is just a test run.

Back
Top Bottom