Arizona Chickens

Coming down pretty good here, too. Not enough to move my rain gauge yet. Although it could be broken.

Do your chickens peck around in the rain or go under cover? Mine are out scratching and shaking off every couple of minutes. 🙄
I finally bribed mine to go inside with some sunflower seeds. They were soaked to the skin. One of the tarps is missing from their pen, so they had to walk thru a bit of water. Of course they had plenty of dry space inside--their roosts, the feeding area etc just didn't want to walk past the wet spot. When it's not coming down in buckets, or just after, they're out there looking for good stuff, and apparently finding plenty.

I finally bribed mine to go inside with some sunflower seeds. They were soaked to the skin. One of the tarps is missing from their pen, so they had to walk thru a bit of water. Of course they had plenty of dry space inside--their roosts, the feeding area etc just didn't want to walk past the wet spot. When it's not coming down in buckets, or just after, they're out there looking for good stuff, and apparently finding plenty.
They’re soooo silly sometimes!

Back
Top Bottom