Arizona Chickens

My next door neighbor gave me some empty egg carton's from Fry's today. I don't use those, since I bought all of those blank egg carton's for my use from Stromberg's and Amazon. So I just stack those Fry's one's up separate to give to someone that might need some. I'm getting empty Fry's egg carton's coming out of my ear's over here.
I have neighbors giving me cartons too - I just give the kind I don't use to my other neighbor who sells eggs to strangers (he doesn't care about any kind of egg carton rules). I only use the kind that are easy to clean and easy to take all labels off - or styrofoam for smaller eggs just to give a neighbor or for ourselves or for saving/sorting hatching eggs.

I have neighbors giving me cartons too - I just give the kind I don't use to my other neighbor who sells eggs to strangers (he doesn't care about any kind of egg carton rules). I only use the kind that are easy to clean and easy to take all labels off - or styrofoam for smaller eggs just to give a neighbor or for ourselves or for saving/sorting hatching eggs.
I have the styrofoam ones, the plastic one's and the cardboard type one's that are all extra's if someone need's them.

Good morning AZ. I was up early to water this morning. We’re supposed to have increased rain chances this afternoon so I figured watering might help our chances. Either way everything needed it and more won’t hurt.

I’m happy to report the two newbies are settling in. The rooster crows a bit in the morning but calms down and is quiet the rest of the day.

It's hot and muggy outside today even though the temp isn't reading very high. The rain has brought weeds galore and🪰 flies🪰! I sooo want to spray my weeds (not near my chickens) but there's no use with rain in the forecast. It'll just wash away. I put down some pre-emergent, but the weeds that are already up... ugh.

It's hot and muggy outside today even though the temp isn't reading very high. The rain has brought weeds galore and🪰 flies🪰! I sooo want to spray my weeds (not near my chickens) but there's no use with rain in the forecast. It'll just wash away. I put down some pre-emergent, but the weeds that are already up... ugh.
My husband told me we’ve got some sprouting in the front yard. We have “neighborhood helpers” that walk or drive through the neighborhood looking for people to call the city on. They don’t live here, but they complain. I’m glad the front is his job lol.

My husband told me we’ve got some sprouting in the front yard. We have “neighborhood helpers” that walk or drive through the neighborhood looking for people to call the city on. They don’t live here, but they complain. I’m glad the front is his job lol.
I'm thankful we are no longer in an HOA! I recall one season with lots of back to back rains -- the vultures were already issuing warnings before the weather could allow anyone to take care of their weeds. :rant

We've been getting more rain this past hour or so. Puddles everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom