Arizona Chickens

So I have a question. My rooster as you have seen, bites onto fingers suddenly and starts to flail around while back peddling. Is that a seizure? Cause it’s at random times. It’s only once a time a day but every day. Before it was only once a week.. I can’t get video cause as I mentioned it’s completely random.

One time was just when we were playing. He was beating up a bird toy then suddenly grabbed onto it and started flailing really hard with his pupils totally dilated. Another time he was half asleep, grabbed my daughter by the toe suddenly and flailed while back peddling with his eyes rolled into the back of his head. Each time he comes to from his episodes, he runs from us whining…

Any ideas would be great. He has a vet appointment is Thursday at 7:30 pm to find out if he is just too sick to keep alive or not..

So I have a question. My rooster as you have seen, bites onto fingers suddenly and starts to flail around while back peddling. Is that a seizure? Cause it’s at random times. It’s only once a time a day but every day. Before it was only once a week.. I can’t get video cause as I mentioned it’s completely random.

One time was just when we were playing. He was beating up a bird toy then suddenly grabbed onto it and started flailing really hard with his pupils totally dilated. Another time he was half asleep, grabbed my daughter by the toe suddenly and flailed while back peddling with his eyes rolled into the back of his head. Each time he comes to from his episodes, he runs from us whining…

Any ideas would be great. He has a vet appointment is Thursday at 7:30 pm to find out if he is just too sick to keep alive or not..
Yes, sounds like a seizure

Our 1st chicks arrive next week. First chickens we have ever had. 3 NH Reds & 4 Hybrids (Cinnamon Queens). SOOOO EXCITED! and a little nervous... ☺ Just finished my homemade brooder today. Nothing fancy. Just a long tub with a screened top. Fingers crossed some of them live through the shipping & newbies raising them. I've done more research than I ever thought possible. We are as ready as we can be.

Our 1st chicks arrive next week. First chickens we have ever had. 3 NH Reds & 4 Hybrids (Cinnamon Queens). SOOOO EXCITED! and a little nervous... ☺ Just finished my homemade brooder today. Nothing fancy. Just a long tub with a screened top. Fingers crossed some of them live through the shipping & newbies raising them. I've done more research than I ever thought possible. We are as ready as we can be.
That's great! One thing, the closed tubs (vs open wire crates) can retain heat, so be prepared to use a smaller bulb, possibly smaller bulbs during the day/off during the day, etc. and/or to have the bulb/heat further from the chicks once they warm up after shipment.

Congratulations!

Congrats & good luck with them!

Congratulations! I was so excited when I got my chicks 6 weeks ago and its been so much fun. They grow so fast and are so cute. Good luck and if you have any questions drop us a line! :jumpy

Took my dog Buster to the Vet yesterday. He tore out one of his claw nail's on his bad back leg. Now I have 4 different thing's from the Vet's that I have to give him for the next few day's. I had to help him up the step's in his yard last night because he was not able to do it himself. Now this morning he has been laying in one position on the dog bed in his crate, and doesn't want to get out of bed.

Back
Top Bottom