Arizona Chickens

We definitely will, we fell in love with Bielefelders. 🥰 They are our first choice in breeds and you are conveniently only about an hour away!
All 9 of my girl's gave me an egg today, so no one took the day off. I have Welsh Harlequin duck egg's in the incubator that should be hatching at the end of this month or the beginning of next month. Those are sexable at hatch too. They lay a big white egg, and they can't fly. Very pretty, though.

Very pretty ducks! They don't mind our heat?
I hatched some last year for the New Years Hatch-a-long in 2022. My next-door neighbor that I animal sit for has those, so I get to see them regularly. They love it when you forget to turn off the hose that water's a tree. They have a splash party in it. Other then that as long as there is shade, water for drinking, food, And someplace to get into some water, they did fine all last summer. They didn't want to eat the duck food, so they steal food out of the dogs food pan. They are running around the yard with the two dog's.

The one where you linked to a picture is a female of these.

The baby that hatched yesterday now has company from a chick that hatched today. The egg's were from the Naked Neck hen's next door when they borrowed my Bielefelder rooster. One has a naked neck, and one doesn't.

Bielefelder NN mix chicks.jpg

The baby that hatched yesterday now has company from a chick that hatched today. The egg's were from the Naked Neck hen's next door when they borrowed my Bielefelder rooster. One has a naked neck, and one doesn't.

View attachment 3469194
If my eggies don’t hatch on our first try , I’ll be coming back for more 🤣

Incubator. I get a higher hatch rate that way. Probably because my girls have never had the chance to learn. I did let my oegb spangles hatch a clutch this year. She ended up with 3 babies out of 6 eggs. Five hatched but the first hatched died in the nest and another chick died in the first couple days when it was still cold. Cutest thing watching the whole flock loving those chicks though.
Do you do an incubator or let your ladies hatch? I'm very curious to know other people's experience with letting their girls hatch.
Here's some of last year's babies.View attachment 3468403View attachment 3468417View attachment 3468420
Awe, so cute!! Thanks for sharing :love How long after hatch before you know gender?

I let my girls hatch these days, no time or space for hatching; once I had a broody hatch I was hooked on that option lol. So much less work! Also, I’m doing more broody breaking than anything, I don’t need or want chicks right now.

Back
Top Bottom