Arizona Chickens

1685727028782.png
Tomatoes look very red! Are they homegrown?

Tomatoes look very red! Are they homegrown?
No, not homegrown,, They are delish and sweet variety, from store. I will container grow a few vines, but in my zone,, that will be ready/ripe in August.
I mainly just grow the cherry variety. When the grandchildren come to visit,, they enjoy plucking the ripe ones off the plant and snacking them immediately.
BTW,, I have not planted mine yet.:old but will try in the next coming week.
Our danger of frost just ended about 2 weeks ago.

I am new to raising chickens myself and I live in AZ in the tri-state area! I found this thread and have been loving the pictures of the baby chicks! This may be a silly questions, what is an NN chick? I'm 90% sure it means Naked Neck from reading the posts but would hate to assume that and be wrong. If I am correct, what exactly is a NN chick?

Here are a couple photos of one of my little leghorns digging herself a nice little hole in the grass to keep cool on this 98° afternoon!
20230602_153812.jpg
20230602_153846.jpg
20230602_153933.jpg

I am new to raising chickens myself and I live in AZ in the tri-state area! I found this thread and have been loving the pictures of the baby chicks! This may be a silly questions, what is an NN chick? I'm 90% sure it means Naked Neck from reading the posts but would hate to assume that and be wrong. If I am correct, what exactly is a NN chick?

Here are a couple photos of one of my little leghorns digging herself a nice little hole in the grass to keep cool on this 98° afternoon!View attachment 3526946View attachment 3526947View attachment 3526948
Hello, and welcome to our states thread! Thanks for sharing pictures of your Leghorns with us.

Yes, you are correct that it's for the Naked Necks. We have been hatching out the standard sized ones that are duel-purposed.

I've been outside in the heat prepping one of the grow-out pens getting it ready to move 3 duckling's into it. They are growing so fast and are huge compared to the chick's now.
I have two little tiny ducklings right now! I got them from tractor supply and they were just under a week old when I got them. I've been trying to get them to bond with me but my goodness they just don't like me and are extremely scared of me. Anytime I come by them they talk really loudly and just run away into a corner and hide!

I also got two chicks with them and I agree! The little ducklings are so much bigger than the chicks! It's crazy how fast they're growing.

I have two little tiny ducklings right now! I got them from tractor supply and they were just under a week old when I got them. I've been trying to get them to bond with me but my goodness they just don't like me and are extremely scared of me. Anytime I come by them they talk really loudly and just run away into a corner and hide!

I also got two chicks with them and I agree! The little ducklings are so much bigger than the chicks! It's crazy how fast they're growing.
What breed of ducklings did you get? The one's over here are Welsh Harlequin's and they are sexable at hatch so I know it's 2 girl's and one boy. They don't fly.

Back
Top Bottom