Arizona Chickens

Quote:
ya I top two sixty foot ficus and did a class II and III pruning on six others 40 foot high....way to close to the sun for me!!
cool.png

Amazingly warm. You be careful up there Icarus.

Quote:
Your kidding right? I mean the feed store told me "we only get turkey hens here". I bought two one week old chicks, could your statement indicate I have two tommys'? Oh brother I hope not otherwise they will be lucky to make it to Thanksgiving.

i am serious i will give you an example last year
i bought 18 turkeys at the feed store
all 18 were toms

barnie.gif
.. Ahh, time will tell..
ep.gif

Did any of you ever see this video? I thought it was quit interesting. Additionally, I have been handling my chicks and eggs way more gently then they handled in this video.

Also if I use the wing technique for sexing it appears I have more roosters on my hand then hens. Bummer, they just eat a lot for nothing in return, unless you want fertile eggs.

Last edited:
Quote:
Wake up! Come to Coffee Rush! Yea!

instead I got to go spend time in urgent care waiting for a tetanus shot since I stabbed my foot with cage wire that had been sitting in the mud
sad.png
Hope everyone had fun

Quote:

instead I got to go spend time in urgent care waiting for a tetanus shot since I stabbed my foot with cage wire that had been sitting in the mud
sad.png
Hope everyone had fun

Sorry to hear of your accident. I was told many times I have up to 2 days to get a tetanus shot after an incident. Maybe one of the medical people on here can verify. Before Urgent Cares I needed assistance many times on a Friday evening and they would tell me to just go see my regular Dr. on Monday and not waste money at the ER.

Quote:

sad.png
Hope everyone had fun

Ah, no fun. Maybe next week?

Mahonri-- WOW!!! You sure squeeze a lot of productiveness out of a Saturday. That's awesome! Your pics of the babies following the hen are great! That seems so much easier and more natural than the brooder box.

GiddyMoon--
welcome-byc.gif
YAY!!! We are getting so many Tucson folks lately! We will have to plan a meet up one of these days.

Gallo-- Your chicks are beautiful! I am so impressed with your hatch rate. I also love the stank eye on that mama hen.

mclevinson-- Sorry about the broken eggs. I dropped one the other day, too. Grrrr.... We also had another double yolker. I am so loving our CM hen. She is such an awesome layer and has laid 2 double yolkers so far. She is super nice and I can even put her in the bantam pen, even though she is the biggest chicken we have.

Sonoran-- Sorry about the disappointment of missing coffee. I bet it was worse than the foot pain.
sad.png

Okay, time to stop procrastinating. It is 7:42 and I still have not done the power point for the songs for church today. This has been such a crazy weekend. I had cash and a credit card stolen out of my suburban while we were at homeschool group on Friday. I had some things I needed to buy while I was in town, but ended up going home instead. So, Saturday morning I had to go to Nogales (about 20 minutes south of me) to get paint for the church playground and supplies for the messianic passover seder our homeschool group had yesterday afternoon. I was responsible for matzah ball soup, 6 containers of juice, 2 packs of paper bowls, and one pack of paper plate. I was able to get the juice at walmart, but they had NO Jewish section. So, I went to Safeway. They only had one package of the paper bowls I needed and NO Jewish section. The lady that worked there told me you can't get any kosher foods in the city of Nogales anymore.
th.gif
So, I drove north to Tubac (30 minutes) to drop off the paint and a birthday gift for the pastor. There is a tiny gourmet type market there, so I thought it would be a good place to find matzah, but no luck. I spent forever looking with one of the employees that was sure they carried it, but nothing. So, I had to go up to Green Valley (20 minutes north) and found the rest of what we needed at the Safeway. Then back home to Rio Rico (40 minutes south). I cooked and got kids ready and we were out the door, just a little late. Then we realized that we forgot the Haggadah (sp), which is the little guide that tells us what to do since none of us have done this before. I turned around and got them, and we were back on the road to Green Valley (40 minutes north). Then I realized way too late that I forgot the juice, and had to stop at Safeway to buy MORE. So, I spent a fortune in gas, was an hour late, and now have a ton of juice at my house. My kids are thrilled about that because I don't buy it often. It's kind of a treat. I told them with all I spent, we are going to be eating a lot of beans this week. My 12yo says, "That's okay, we have juice to wash it down with!" All in all, it was a ton of frustration, but VERY neat. I would love to celebrate Passover again.

Sorry for that book. I feel better.
wink.png

Quote:
Passover is great fun. Actually we get a lot of cool holidays, the best being Shabbat--EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT AT SUNSET! Yea! We joke that all the holidays have a running theme (please don't be offended anyone) "We fought, we won, let's feast".

This time of year you can get a supersized package of matso crackers for just a couple bucks. Crush them in the blender and they become matso meal. Mix matso meal with eggs and a little milk, fry em up with a little butter and you have the yummiest snack ever-Matso meal pancakes. I like mine with a sprinkle of salt. Or break a matso into little pieces, soak in milk or water, wring them out and scramble them with eggs. Yum, and frugal.

I'm so sorry you had to run around everywhere to get your goods! Glad you had a great seder!

Back
Top Bottom