Arizona Chickens

Quote:
I wish, at 14-15 weeks! I have a blue andalusian that sneaks into the sulmtaler coop and lays her eggs exclusively in there. Maybe she wants to teach them?
gig.gif
Or she is a show off!
Anyway, next weekend they are moving into the big girls coop to get acquainted with the nest boxes business.

Okay. What's is Pratt's? LOL And where is it?

I live 30 minutes south of Casa Grande and I don't usually come up to Phoenix for much, so I don't know all of these places to get animals! We're going to do feeder pigs here in the next year, which is why I was curious.

Oy. We have the non-mini goat version, so I'm goated out. They were definitely cute little babies, though. We had to bottle feed them a million times a day....hmmm, maybe that's why they're SO fat, since we continued to bottle feed them until they were, like, 4 months old (we didn't know what the heck we were doing - they'd call for a bottle, we'd bring one). It looks like Indy, our male, has fluffy pillows strapped to his side.
lau.gif

Quote:
Gallo, any chance you could update your website with instructions on doing fecal tests? I am totally wanting to do that! Can't be all that hard. And I don't mind the
sickbyc.gif
-factor.

Quote:
Southern. I have an open bottle at home. I should be home after 7pm. You are welcome to come and get some. Bring a little container. At 1/2cc per bird your 40 won't need all that much. I'll have to order more eventually anyway. I am doing a round on Friday on 39 of mine.

turkey breeder... so sorry about the dog... but it won't bother the chickens anymore... or do you still have your brother's dog?

Quote:
Yeah, I think it would be a pretty straightforward procedure. I have to get my hands on a suitable microscope first, but as soon as I do, I'll make a new page or at least update the old one. Maybe I'll look around today; I saw one on CL a few weeks ago, maybe it's still there.

Quote:
Yeah, I think it would be a pretty straightforward procedure. I have to get my hands on a suitable microscope first, but as soon as I do, I'll make a new page or at least update the old one. Maybe I'll look around today; I saw one on CL a few weeks ago, maybe it's still there.

(and include what a "suitable" microscope is as well
bow.gif
)

Quote:
Look up Prattspets.com. I think thats right?
I love goats! We have 9 goats on the property. Two are mine. My girl is a Nubian Katey, Red and such cute floppy ears. She is a small nubian but sooo sweet! She is bred to a small Nigerian billy. My other girl is a nigerian, Dazzle. White with splashes of black. Hope she is PG The other goats are Nigerian.

HEY, I am looking for a turkey to be a compainion to my one lone turkey, Blue Bell. Anyone have one that they want a good home for?

Quote:
If I remember correctly, Seramas are more susceptible to Mareks and for example Mediterranean breeds are less. Very sorry for this! But because you move between coops everybody has been likely exposed anyway. Hope you are not going to loose more!
fl.gif

I didn't realize they were more suseptible to Mareks. I hope I don't lose more!

I almost had a major freak-out yesterday. I went out to give the girls (and their roosters) some treats, and our 2 favorite birds were laying on their sides looking dazed & confused with their legs all weird. I told Hubby to come help me with the chickens and I threw the door open, expecting them to jump up & run - but they didn't even look at me! So I went to pick one of them up and they both fluffed up & took off. Needless to say, I think I might be a bit paranoid at this point. But I figure, better safe than sorry.

I want to vaccinate the Seramas, but I don't know if I should wait a bit or not. I do move between the coops, but I can't actually go into the Serama coop - only reach in. But I do understand the cross-contamination.

Should I wait or just get it done? Do I need to re-vaccinate my other other birds?

Back
Top Bottom