Arizona Chickens

Thanks for the "Welcome", guys.
How many of us are here in Tucson?
Is there a Tucson specific group on BYC?
Just curious.

Have a great week.
Cheers,
Stacy

Just saw this ad on Craigslist (FREE Section) and it's taking every bit of resistance to keep from calling and grabbing a few free chickens.

Free chickens and chicken coup (Gilbert)

Date: 2012-03-14, 9:30AM MST
Reply to:

We have 14 chickens we want to be rid of. You can have the chickens, the coup, or both. Obviously we cannot part with the coup until we are rid of the chickens. Come and get them.

The chickens are a variety, including mostly Red's, a Black Astralorp, Americana, and a few Buff Orpington. All are "Layers", but not sure which are laying. They have always been fed for laying, but I have heard of folks eating them as well. Do whatever you want.

The coup is 6'x10', has 6 laying boxes with access from outside (so you don't have to go into the coup to retrieve your eggs), a 30 year shingle roof (a bit overkill, but they were left over shingles), and a food water access panel (so you don't have to go inside to feed and water them), as well as plenty of roosting room for 20 or so chickens. The roof is high enough for a 6' person to comfortably stand inside. It will require either a bunch of people to move as a whole, or will need to be disassembled. Constructed completely of wood. You can also have our watering and feeding devices.

Please call Tony at 480-252-2907.

Thinking of building a real grow out pen / tractor. I'm getting the fence galvanized & figure the tractor will still stay under the minimum$ for the weight so why not.

Any ideas ya'll care to contribute are encouraged. I'm thinking of 4 x 8 with a raised, enclosed, open-able coop area that will provide shade on the one side.

a month ago my friend was going to go by some
we wanted to go buy some honey also
but have not gone yet, they said its good
for the health to eat unprocess honey

Local Raw Honey :)
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/grd/2883556437.html

We have lots of raw honey for sale. Right here from the valley, from our own hives.
quarts $15
gallons$35. 5gallons $145
We also have bee equipment for sale, and Bees available for pollination.
Kevin 602-620-0337
honey, pure honey, raw honey, organic honey, food storage, bakery, honey bees, health food,

Hi everyone. I just joined. We're planning on getting chickens in the next few months. We're planning a mixed flock for egg laying and just fun family pets. Will they get along ok if they're different sizes? I'm planning to order from chickens for backyards so they'll all grow up together. Maybe a buff orpington, 2 wyondottes, a white rock, and a sussex. I'll keep learning from all the posts. Glad I found this site.

Those funny Maran's! I have given them many tries to go free range and only one young roo will go outside his coop!
JOKE
"Why wouldn't the hens go out free ranging with the rooster?"
"Because they were chicken! "

D.gif

Hi everyone.  I just joined.  We're planning on getting chickens in the next few months.  We're planning a mixed flock for egg laying and just fun family pets.  Will they get along ok if they're different sizes?  I'm planning to order from chickens for backyards so they'll all grow up together.  Maybe a buff orpington, 2 wyondottes, a white rock, and a sussex.  I'll keep learning from all the posts.  Glad I found this site. 

Chicks that brood together, hang in the hood together.

Size will not matter, but the breeds you listed are all standard-sixed chickens.

Back
Top Bottom