Arizona Chickens

Gallo, me thinks you want to eat my rooster. I can see you dancing around the kitchen making basque chicken with tomatoes from your garden and being so proud of yourself. One more smooth criminal gone from the chicken yard!

So I have this silkie/chochin cross from Aurorarose. She seems to have more of a polish head and it can't see ANYTHING!!!

I mean nothing closer than an inch or two.

Today the GSL roo bit her in the head and hut it pretty bad.

I need to trim the feathers around her eyes.

Any suggestions?

Can I trank a chicken?

She is around 4 months old but still tiny.

I went to release the chickens this morning and found my poor Kevin dead under the roost. She's the first chicken I've had die since raising chickens in AZ. She had some kind of internal problems. She grew abnormally fast and large compared to her flock mates and laid only a few dozen eggs in her short two and a half years. But she was one of the sweetest birds I had. When I laid her on the ground while I dug the hole to bury her, her actual sister and inseparable best buddy, Waldo, kept nudging at her. Then she sat and preened Kevin's feathers until I took her away.

She was so fun and adorable. When we were outside she always came up and sat right next to us, wanting to be part of the group. RIP Kevin, we'll miss you.
hit.gif

I went to release the chickens this morning and found my poor Kevin dead under the roost. She's the first chicken I've had die since raising chickens in AZ. She had some kind of internal problems. She grew abnormally fast and large compared to her flock mates and laid only a few dozen eggs in her short two and a half years. But she was one of the sweetest birds I had. When I laid her on the ground while I dug the hole to bury her, her actual sister and inseparable best buddy, Waldo, kept nudging at her. Then she sat and preened Kevin's feathers until I took her away.

She was so fun and adorable. When we were outside she always came up and sat right next to us, wanting to be part of the group. RIP Kevin, we'll miss you.
hit.gif

I get close to my animals too and when its your fav. its even harder, Im sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry

hit.gif

hugs.gif
She was pretty! I'm so sorry for your loss of this lovely bird!

(As for a laugh, did anyone ever stop to think how weird it is that we offer the same condolences for the death of a chicken that we would for the death of a beloved human?
lol.png
Only on BYC...)

Back
Top Bottom