Arizona Ducks(:

beliabeans

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 9, 2012
Quacksvill
HMM.. so i have 2 Ducks in my back yard with 4 chickens. i know that if chicken are quiet they can be in my neighborhood but ducks?...not so sure, my babys are preetty quiet but just in case does anyone know if they are legallll?????

Last edited:
First, let me say
welcome-byc.gif
, so glad you joined us! I'm not sure about where you live, but where I live, here in S. Florida, there is no ordinance against ducks. I myself, have one Khaki Campbell duck and one goose as well. we DO have an ordinance against chickens though, but I am happily staying under the radar!
Best of luck to you. To answer your question about noise, ducks can be loud at times. Now, my goose, she's another story.
gig.gif

thank you very much haha:)

I have a khaki campbell and a indian runner :) they only talk load when i say "BABBBIIEEESSSSS" hahaha but yeah i live in phoenix AZ and in the city i just hope they dont try and take them from me): plus some lady 4 houses a way has a goose in her back yard

Hi Beliabeans! You're welcome to join us in the BYC Arizona thread! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=31227 Plenty of Phoenix-area folks who can help you with ordinances, etc. And they meet for coffee, too!

From my experience: zoning inspectors don't canvass neighborhoods looking for ducks, they respond to complaints from neighbors. And neighbors are less likely to complain about poultry if they get a few eggs from time to time
wink.png

Again, welcome!

Bryan

If your worried about noise get some muscovy's they are nice a quiet maybe a hiss from a drake or a coo from a hen, but no quacking. I have a few here in AZ and no one cares.

I raised 8 welsh harlequins in the middle of Tucson with no problems. They where usually pretty quiet but could get noisy at times, usually only during the day. Legally it depends on local ordinance, in Tucson there's no law against keeping ducks, but male birds of any kind are prohibited (although I think that's really more about roosters because of noise, and I know a number of people who keep roosters in the city, never heard of anyone having issues with it). Even if it's perfectly legal, giving some eggs to your neighbors tends to go a long way towards generating a little goodwill towards you and your flock :)

Back
Top Bottom