Arizona

Yep, that would be the Stock Shop. They have different birds through out the year, not nearly as many as Pratt's though. They're closer to my house, very clean and the people are really nice there.

Behold! Another desert rat cometh!

Howdy, all. ^_^ Draconargentum here, representing Glendale, AZ as well. No chickens yet (actually looking at hatching my own, rather than buying already-born ones from Pratt's or somewhere), but doing some research until I move out and get my own house.

So, mebbe someday soon after we all get set up and running, we can plan a Chickenstock AZ or something of that nature. Might be fun.

Anyone planning on getting Marans, Wellsummers, and/or Penedesencas?

What a relief to find this board! And, it is nice to see all the NW valley representation. I live in Sunburst Farms, and am in the planning stages of getting some chickens. I have admired the little chickens at The Stock Shop. I, too, was really curious about whether chickens could survive the heat here, but I do see them around my neighborhood, plus now I see how you all are successful at it. I'll have to look up Pratt's and see where it is; The Stock Shop is maybe 2 miles from where I live.
Hi to everyone Arizonan!
cool.png

Welcome jdnatdesert. I wish I lived a little closer to the stock shop. Although if I did live closer, I might be coming home with little babies too often, so maybe it's best that I have to make a special trip there.
wink.png
Pratt's is located at 5237 W Glendale Ave, Glendale AZ 85301. They are just a few blocks East of of "down town Glendale" on the South side of the street.

Thanks for the addy ibradly, I'm going to go check out the chickens there, just for fun. It looks like they have a larger variety, although ultimately I'll probably get my chix at Stock Shop.

Yeah people from AZ,
I have a zoning question. I call the zoning people and they were no help. I have 1 and 1/4 acres. I am zoned SH(H) and am wondering how many chickens can I have? We started our coop today and want to get the run done A.S.A.P. I have always dreamed of chickens. I am like a little girl getting a pony for christmas. I can't stop smiling when I think about my coop. We are building it to look like a little red barn. I just want to know how many girls can I get. OH yeah I guess in might help if I said I live in Pima county

So excited I could pee my pants
hsm5grls
big_smile.png
wee.gif
:weee

Last edited:
hsm5grls, it looks like you can. Let's see if I can post a link in here, to some info from the Tucson land use codes regarding your property zone SH:

Tucsonaz.gov land use code

This link should take you do the Suburban Homestead Zone (zone SH) codes. Within the SH zone codes, there'll be other links that will take you to additional references. Scanning it quickly, I didn't see any limit on the number of chickens but it seems to me that it's neighbor tolerance (and your tolerance
wink.png
).

HTH!

;)Thank you that was very helpful in many ways. I am getting some goats in the spring so you helped answer many questions I had.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH>
hsm5grls

Back
Top Bottom