Arkansas Meet-Ups, Swaps and Such

Had a good sake fir about the first half of it anyway. They got to selling other stuff about half way through the poultry and small livestock, wasn't too interested in that stuff so I gathered up and left a little early.

Hens were bringing $17.50 up to $27.50 each. Very good prices most were crossbred hens. Large fowl rooster were bringing $5.00 to $8.00 each. Fair prices on rooster. Not many baby chicks the ones I took most were just crossbred brought $3.50 each.

All in all pretty good, and happy with what my chickens brought.

Had a good sake fir about the first half of it anyway. They got to selling other stuff about half way through the poultry and small livestock, wasn't too interested in that stuff so I gathered up and left a little early.

Hens were bringing $17.50 up to $27.50 each. Very good prices most were crossbred hens. Large fowl rooster were bringing $5.00 to $8.00 each. Fair prices on rooster. Not many baby chicks the ones I took most were just crossbred brought $3.50 each.

All in all pretty good, and happy with what my chickens brought.

Glad you had a good sale. I decided we had too much going on to drive that far just to get rid of some roos. They will have to hang out in the bachelor pad a bit longer. I wish I could find someone looking locally. Where have all our Arkies gone?

Glad you had a good sale.  I decided we had too much going on to drive that far just to get rid of some roos.  They will have to hang out in the bachelor pad a bit longer.  I wish I could find someone looking locally.  Where have all our Arkies gone?

I don't know where they all went to. Seems BYC is loosing a lot if people.

Wish we could have been there! Ordered some chicks from ideal this week and will be in the market for a roo in a couple weeks

Next auction date is February 28th, if the weather holds out for it. She will make the annoucement on the 20th if Feb.

Next auction date is February 28th, if the weather holds out for it. She will make the annoucement on the 20th if Feb.

I've still got roos to get rid of. Maybe I will feel like a road trip that weekend. I wish I could find something closer/sooner. We will have one close by in April but I would really like to thin out before then. Too many hormones running around!

Wished I could go. But getting laid off from your job on Monday, sure puts a damper on things.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom