Arkansas Meet-Ups, Swaps and Such

There were a few Silkies at the auction yesterday, but most were sold as pairs or trios. There were also other bantams but again mostly pairs.

Seems like most are holding into their hens and pullets.

I kind if lucked out I found a quad of Naked Necks for $5.00 each. Funny thing is these were grown and already laying. There were 11 young NN's that were mixed with something else, some had crests and some had feathered legs. A set of 5 went for $9.00 each and a set if six went for seven dollars each.
Dang! I had to pay $10 for 1 bird... although for $20 I could have got a mommy and 7 babies but she wasn't the type of bird I wanted.... I'm a collector of pretty things ;)

I did come home with a silver spangled hamburg! Really pretty girl, then I went and ordered from Ideal Hatchery since they are located closest in TX and got 3 white silkies from them, 3 silver sebrights, and 2 assorted bantams. I'm hoping I at least get 3 girls! It was around $37 for the 8 birds... but I've read on here they have great specials sometimes so next year I'll have to look out for those .99 or 1.25 etc sales!

Dang! I had to pay $10 for 1 bird... although for $20 I could have got a mommy and 7 babies but she wasn't the type of bird I wanted.... I'm a collector of pretty things ;)

I did come home with a silver spangled hamburg! Really pretty girl, then I went and ordered from Ideal Hatchery since they are located closest in TX and got 3 white silkies from them, 3 silver sebrights, and 2 assorted bantams. I'm hoping I at least get 3 girls! It was around $37 for the 8 birds... but I've read on here they have great specials sometimes so next year I'll have to look out for those .99 or 1.25 etc sales!

Yes, Ideal does run some good deals, as far as price wise. The thing is though is that to get them for that price is that you have to buy 25 at the time.
Then comes the thing with me I have bought twice from them. Lost both batches, though with the last batch I managed to raise 1 out of the twenty five, so really expensive bird. It was a breed that I didn't care much for and had to give it away to even get rid if it.

Yes, Ideal does run some good deals, as far as price wise. The thing is though is that to get them for that price is that you have to buy 25 at the time.
Then comes the thing with me I have bought twice from them. Lost both batches, though with the last batch I managed to raise 1 out of the twenty five, so really expensive bird. It was a breed that I didn't care much for and had to give it away to even get rid if it.
What do you mean lost? If they were DOA or within a couple of days they will reship or refund.

Well Ideal just cancelled my order! I am pretty upset because why even let me make one? They should have already had their websight updated, I got an order confirmation and started getting ready and everything!

I guess its back to beebe saturday!

What do you mean lost? If they were DOA or within a couple of days they will reship or refund.

As in died. Not in the three days after receiving the either. They just never were healthy birds. I'd loose one or two then repeat a few days later.

Last edited:

As in died. Not in the three days after receiving the either. They just never were healthy birds. I'd loose one or two then repeat a few days later.
I'm sorry. I'm going back to Beebe this saturday and hopefully there will be more silver sebrights and they will be cheaper this time (last time they were $25 each and sold in pairs). I'm also getting some silkies locally!

November 8th at the South Franklin County Fair Grounds in Charleston, AR the Chicken Mafia will be having their Poultry Auction. They usually have a pretty good turn out. You can find them on Facebook if you do that.

In the meantime, I have a Sumatra Cockerel I am looking to sell. I posted on the BST forum, but here is a pic if anyone is interested.

November 8th at the South Franklin County Fair Grounds in Charleston, AR the Chicken Mafia will be having their Poultry Auction. They usually have a pretty good turn out. You can find them on Facebook if you do that. In the meantime, I have a Sumatra Cockerel I am looking to sell. I posted on the BST forum, but here is a pic if anyone is interested.
Where is Charleston Arkansas?

Back
Top Bottom