arkansas55

hello again,just realized i didn't finish my introduction,me mom and my hubby live next to the arkansas river,been here 26 year's,we are in the country so we haven't had any prob's with ppl not liking chicken's,in fact every morning you can hear 6 or 7 roo's crowing,i'm hoping our's learn to crow soon,he's getting nice tail feather's now,we have 4 buff hen's,4 rir hen's and a rir roo,i'm wondering what the chick's will look like when they brood! i'm enjoying them so much,of course mom and hubby help with and love the chicken's,they will be 4 month's old next week,i can get to their coop in my wheelchair and i let them out in the morn and shut the coop at 8pm.
they love to jump up on my wheelchair and talk to me,of course i enjoy it alot,we also have an 7 year old shih tzu Bella,just lost her 21 year old brother last week,so sad but we had him since he was 6 week's old,break's my heart,i miss him so much,our Scooter april 14 1993/aug 18 2014,he is my treasure in heaven! mom has a rescue black/white shih tzu Pepper who is 8 and awesome,they love the flock and follow them around,please don't tell them they aren't chicken's cause they think they are,soooooo true!Bella is my mini me,miss diva,she rides on my wheelchair and sleep's with me,i know but she's spoiled. i feel i am blessed to have such a wonderful family,we also have 4 grown children and 9 gran's,fur babies and a awesome flock,God is good all the time!
i'm happy to be here,everyone is so nice and i am learning new thing's every day about how to care for our flock the right way,i want to keep them happy and healthy,hubby jim say's the hen's are getting fat,which mean's they are getting big chicken laying butt's,lol.
thank you for having us and God Bless
love.gif

Thank's i have RIR's and BUFF'S,already tame at 3 months,completed the new coop and they are growing like crazy,they forage on our 3 acre's,i don't know when either breed start's laying but did see that Buff's are lateer than some,i have 4 buff hen's,4 RIR hen's and 1 RIR rooster all 3 months old,they coop up at 8pm every night,they are very gentle and will jump up onto my wheel chair for petting and run to me every time i]m outside during the day.
they love all the bug's and our veggi's growing in the back yard,they have been eating alot of fresh corn and tomatoes,scratch and laying pellets,mowed grass and our frog's,lol,love them!

Hi and thank you,it's been many many year's since ive raised chicken's but i love them so much,we have the winter coop almost done,it will have heat,the bigger summer coop is finally finished and they love it,they will forage every day ,we let them out at dawn and they go to coop when they are ready so i happily sit on the back patio and watch and talk to them,i always love to watch them climb up their stair's and jump on up to the roosting beam,then i have to wait till dawn to see them again,lol.

thank's so much,i thought i had replied already,grrrrrrrr google,lol i am so excited to have our chicken's,they are so sweet,miss peck's alot does peck me sometimes but she also come's and sit's in my lap every day and talk's to me,the smaller one's do as well and our rooster does when he want's too,they think our red and white shih tzu Bella is a chicken she naps in the shade with them and follow's them everywhere,she has no clue what they are but she like's them and they jump on her back and she just sits they and ignore's them,they are all about bigger than her.i can't wait to see what our rooster does when he's grown,he's so calm and sweet,sure hope he stay's that way!we probably won't get any eggs till october but we are just happy with the chicken's anyways,great therepy for me!

Back
Top Bottom