Arlo security camera Black Friday sale

The sun has set and it’s dark outside. Night vision picture.

Attachments

• IMG_3618.png
    IMG_3618.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
I installed the second camera pointing at the nesting boxes. It might come in handy on cold or rainy days so I can get the eggs before they get all dirty or freeze. Just playing around with a new toy I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_3626.png
    IMG_3626.png
    2 MB · Views: 6
I installed the second camera pointing at the nesting boxes. It might come in handy on cold or rainy days so I can get the eggs before they get all dirty or freeze. Just playing around with a new toy I guess.
How are you liking the new camera? Any issues? I'm thinking of buying some and stuck on which brand. Arlo looks good but reviews out there are either love or hate.

We have an Arlo system too. If you have the base station the cameras connect to, you can put a flash drive in it and it will record videos to that once you configure it properly. The stored videos are only accessible from the app on a smart device tho. You cant access the stored videos from my.arlo.com

You can go back and watch them until the flash drive runs out of space and the Arlo software starts deleting the oldest videos to make room.
With the base station you say you need the app, but do you also need a subscription service too?

How are you liking the new camera? Any issues? I'm thinking of buying some and stuck on which brand. Arlo looks good but reviews out there are either love or hate.
I absolutely love the concept of cameras in the coop. I’m always checking in on them and seeing who is roosting together. Or just observing what they do when I’m not around. They act different when they can see me. When I come around they are more interested in me than each other. They all come running and beg treats lol.

The WiFi connection can be frustrating at times. I don’t know if it’s any better or worse than other brands. Sometimes when I try to view the camera it says no connection. If I close and restart the app it usually solves the issue at least for a while. It’s probably my setup it’s just too far away from the router in the house.

When it works it is great but when it’s pouring down rain and just want to take a peek at the feeder or nest boxes without going outside that’s when they refuse to connect.

Overall I’m happy with them for the price paid but I can’t say for sure that they are any different than any of the similar ones in the same price range.

With the base station you say you need the app, but do you also need a subscription service too?
Nope. All videos save to a flash drive plugged into the base station. I never paid for an Arlo subscription once the free one the cameras came with expired.

And as Tstraub has said, connection there also can be sometimes spotty. When I’m away from home and I want to check the video history for something, occasionally the video history won’t load.

Most times it works just fine tho. When I once ran into a long period of bad connection it actually traced back to a faulty flash drive. Once I replaced that it’s been good.

Back
Top Bottom