Arlo security camera Black Friday sale

Tstraub

Crowing
Apr 6, 2023
Bluffton, Indiana
I’ve always thought it might be neat to have a camera inside my coop but never wanted to spend the money. My wife found one at Walmart on Black Friday for $30. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arlo-Ess...am-White/3117045773?athbdg=L1800&from=/search

I’ve only had it for a couple hours but so far I’m pretty happy with it for the money spent.I think it requires a monthly subscription if you want it to record 24/7 so you can look back in time. But I believe you can view live without the subscription.

Attachments

• IMG_3616.png
    IMG_3616.png
    2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3615.png
    IMG_3615.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
We use Arlo cameras. We don’t have a subscription, but use it for live viewing. They stop working in cold weather at temps around 0° F and below.

We use Arlo cameras. We don’t have a subscription, but use it for live viewing. They stop working in cold weather at temps around 0° F and below.
Thanks, it only gets that low a couple times a year or maybe not at all if we have a mild winter so that shouldn’t be too much if an issue. I’m curious how often do you need to charge the batteries up?

It depends on how often they run, of course. But for me, maybe a month or two. We have a spare battery so I just swap them out, but charging them does not take long-a couple hours at most.

It depends on how often they run, of course. But for me, maybe a month or two. We have a spare battery so I just swap them out, but charging them does not take long-a couple hours at most.
That sounds like plenty long enough. I have 2 cameras but only mounted one so far. Still deciding where to mount the second one. 2 hours till sunset and I can try the night vision mode lol.

We have an Arlo system too. If you have the base station the cameras connect to, you can put a flash drive in it and it will record videos to that once you configure it properly. The stored videos are only accessible from the app on a smart device tho. You cant access the stored videos from my.arlo.com

You can go back and watch them until the flash drive runs out of space and the Arlo software starts deleting the oldest videos to make room.

Last edited:
We have an Arlo system too. If you have the base station the cameras connect to, you can put a flash drive in it and it will record videos to that once you configure it properly. The stored videos are only accusable from the app on a smart device tho. You cant access the stored videos from my.arlo.com

You can go back and watch them until the flash drive runs out of space and the Arlo software starts deleting the oldest videos to make room.
Thanks for this information I’ll have to look into that base station

Thanks for this information I’ll have to look into that base station
We have this one: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMB4540-100NAS.html

We actually got it as part of a bundle of 3 cameras, one solar panel and the base station at Sams Club a couple years ago. We've since added a second solar panel and I have an additional camera that'll go in the chicken coop once its done as well.

The extra one was used as a chick cam in the brooder for a bit!

1699571017618.png

Back
Top Bottom