Army Brat Chickens

citychicksfarm

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 22, 2010
I've successfully kept my little Army chickens hidden at our Army base until today.
sad.png
Does anyone have experience with this on a military base? We have three girls and LOVE them - I know you all understand! They are so much more than pets! We were told it is against city law and that they aren't considered household pets. We're trying to find out if city laws even apply on a federal installation. They are supposed to go immediately! (as I sit here listening to dogs bark around the neighborhood!! )
Thank you for any help you might give.

Did the city tell you to get rid of them or the base? I'm an army brat myself. I would think that the city would have absolutely no jurisdiction over federal property such as a base. This goes along with the idea that the military provides it's own police and security to the base.

Good luck!

Quote:
I agree, the best people to check with is people on the base if they weren't the people who contacted you. I know here in San Diego, they often make accommodations for certain types of animals that are not the usual pets because of the fact that military members are forced to live such a mobile life. Perhaps they have a section of the base for poultry-keeping.

If someone with authority on the base told you they must go, that's a harder issue to deal with.

Good news!

I bet your girls don't obey any military rules (especially when it comes to egg laying!)

Pics. please.(If you're allowed to...that is)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom