Around April 7th Hatch date!

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
I just placed 6 eggs under a broody girl today!
clap.gif

I put out mixed silkie eggs, so I'm hoping for some buff, black and white this time! Our last hatch didn't go so well we only got 1 out of 5 eggs. An egg eater got them and kills 2 that were close to hatching. We haven't had anymore egg eating issues... no more messing with them at all, so we're trying again.

I figured here's a good place to post if you set your eggs today, incubator or otherwise.

I hope everyone gets a chance to post some pictures.... candling, your incubator, your broody hen and of course YOUR HATCH DAY!!!! Whooohoooo

thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
woot.gif
jumpy.gif

Best of luck this time!

Delilah is still doing good. She's at a stage right now that she's so ugly, she's cute. OH my. It's good though!

Oh gee! I had to put her back on her clutch of eggs 2 times the first day!!!

She kept seeing a fresh egg get laid and she'd go run and jump on it with a quickness.

She has stayed on her pretty little WELL MARKED pile since then though. Peck (that's her name) doesn't seem to be bother by my presence when I check on her. BUT she got my husband good when he was checking on the eggs. We've noticed a habit of my husband getting pecked anytime he goes near any of the hens or rooster lately. They overwhelming prefer their mommy
lau.gif

Last edited:
LOL...I just get that song stuck in my head!

She kicked out a second egg today. Both had WAY large pores in them! She's so smart. The other 4 are happy and warm though
smile.png
No eat eaters so far.

Back
Top Bottom