Around April 7th Hatch date!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by vfem, Mar 18, 2009.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I just placed 6 eggs under a broody girl today! [​IMG]

I put out mixed silkie eggs, so I'm hoping for some buff, black and white this time! Our last hatch didn't go so well we only got 1 out of 5 eggs. An egg eater got them and kills 2 that were close to hatching. We haven't had anymore egg eating issues... no more messing with them at all, so we're trying again.

I figured here's a good place to post if you set your eggs today, incubator or otherwise.

I hope everyone gets a chance to post some pictures.... candling, your incubator, your broody hen and of course YOUR HATCH DAY!!!! Whooohoooo

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  2. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Best of luck this time!

Delilah is still doing good. She's at a stage right now that she's so ugly, she's cute. OH my. It's good though!

3. pefferlawchicken

pefferlawchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    hey im just about to set 18 eggs today too:)

4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    All you bators! LOL

5. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Oh gee! I had to put her back on her clutch of eggs 2 times the first day!!!

She kept seeing a fresh egg get laid and she'd go run and jump on it with a quickness.

She has stayed on her pretty little WELL MARKED pile since then though. Peck (that's her name) doesn't seem to be bother by my presence when I check on her. BUT she got my husband good when he was checking on the eggs. We've noticed a habit of my husband getting pecked anytime he goes near any of the hens or rooster lately. They overwhelming prefer their mommy [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  6. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    LOL. Cute.

PS love your new title

7. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    LOL...I just get that song stuck in my head!

She kicked out a second egg today. Both had WAY large pores in them! She's so smart. The other 4 are happy and warm though [​IMG] No eat eaters so far.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by