Arrggghhhh!

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
How to you make nice with a neighbor who just ISN'T nice?

I just had a gentleman come to the house to pick up some birds and he accidentally pulled in my neighbors driveway. I heard him do it...its pretty quiet back here...

So, a minute later I hear him pull farther down the road and up to our barn.

We complete our business with no mention of me even knowing that he pulled in the wrong yard.

As we are standing there gabbing, he asks me if my neighbor is 'kin' to me. I say no *as I invisably cringe* and he says 'whew, that's good....cuz she just aint a nice lady'.

Now, he gets this perception from a 1 minute 'oops' of driving in the wrong driveway...she was outside when he pulled in.

I told my husband that we are having a sign made with the name of our business on it and hanging it at the property line so this doesnt happen anymore...and, this isnt the 1st time that this has happened.

Nor does it happen all the time that people come to her house looking for ours and we dont even get that much company/bunsiness to begin with. So, its not like my little farmette business causes her great stress....

And free eggs have NOT helped. I swear she throws them out after we take them over....

Any voice of reason out there? Otherwise...I am going to but 6 donkeys....really loud donkeys and put them in MY front yard, then I am going to bring home a litter of pigs...really stinky pigs and put them out there too. Irrational? Yep! *wink*

Hmmm... if it were me I would get some geese and peacocks. And put them as close to her house as possible.
tongue.png

I dont know what she did/said. I was so afraid to ask...I am usually better off not knowing the details...

But for him to just make that comment out of the blue makes me really wonder...

She is miserable to me and the kids too, although she seems to like or at least tolerate DH.

I am just so frustrated!

Not to make light of your situation but your post gave me such a chuckle
lau.gif
- especially your "solution"!! Some people are just nasty no matter what - "beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes to the bone...." Good luck with your neighbor and again, no offense meant by my chuckles!

Ive already decided that the next time she speaks to me and is rude I am going to let her know that I pray for her everyday...that she will learn to be happier with life and not be so bitter to others...

That should just about send her off the edge...not to make light of prayer. I really do pray that she learns to at least tolerate me and the kids.

But, I am keeping the llama, goose and peacock ideas tucked away just in case...*wink*

Back
Top Bottom