Arrgh! Every time I check the calendar today, UPDATE!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom 2em All, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    it is still Day 17!!! So, why can't I quit looking?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I put the two little seramas in a part of an egg carton (I cut out a piece that holds four eggs, and I used two kitty-corner from each other)....candled them as they went in- still alive and kicking (okay, fine, I peeped at them too)...
    I hate waiting! I am too impatient to hatch eggs. AND, I just now figured out that Day 19- hatch day for the Seramas, I have to work all day!!! [​IMG] I have instructed my daughter to peek in at 4 when she gets home, but DO NOT open the incubator. I will make my husband be on chick-duty too...but I wanted to watch them hatch (of course, [​IMG] still hoping they hatch).

Anyhow, I just had to [​IMG] [​IMG] somewhere where people understand how hard it is to wait!

Edited to say:

Its DAY 19 today!!!!!!!!!!! Um, *peeking into the incubator*, I just told the little Serama eggs that. I don't think they know. I am getting ready for work...wonder if they will hatch while I am gone. I just discovered that all three hatch dates I have are for Mondays, where I will be working all day. nice. :eek:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  2. newdock

newdock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2007
    British Columbia
    The waiting is hard. I understand your frustration at the minutes ticking away sooooo slowly.

BTW, my eggs are on day 10 and I stood at the incubator and peeped at them today! [​IMG]

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Oh I can't wait to hatch mine! I am hatching some Serama's too. I will be setting them in about a week and a 1/2. My friend is mailing me some eggs next monday [​IMG] I hope I am successful! I hope you post pics of your little Serama's!

4. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    heh- I just thought...if I call off every Monday for the next 3-4 weeks...wonder if my boss would believe its a hatching addiction..or if he would think it was another type...

5. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    *sigh [​IMG] Day 19 serama eggs: 2
    serama chicks: 0

No pipping, no wiggling, no peeping..nothing. I am not very patient, but now I am just bummed. Okay, bummed and stressed.

6. tat2edlady

tat2edlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    o k take deep breath and just sit back you only have 2 more days to go .I feel your pain as I am hatching ducks for the first time but under broody chickens so just hang in there. sending good hatching hugs your way I have 8 more days to go...

Mindy

Ps what ever you do do not open the bator let chicks dry and just enjoy ok.

7. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I will give them more days- but Serama are supposed to hatch NOW, day 19...not 21. Frustrating eggs...maybe they didnt read the book and will be late.

I have other breeds on Day 14 and Day 7. (and others coming in the mail...heh heh..no addiction here.)

In the mean time..[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by