Arrgh! Every time I check the calendar today, UPDATE!!

Mom 2em All

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Dora, Alabama
it is still Day 17!!! So, why can't I quit looking??
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

I put the two little seramas in a part of an egg carton (I cut out a piece that holds four eggs, and I used two kitty-corner from each other)....candled them as they went in- still alive and kicking (okay, fine, I peeped at them too)...
I hate waiting! I am too impatient to hatch eggs. AND, I just now figured out that Day 19- hatch day for the Seramas, I have to work all day!!!
sad.png
I have instructed my daughter to peek in at 4 when she gets home, but DO NOT open the incubator. I will make my husband be on chick-duty too...but I wanted to watch them hatch (of course,
fl.gif
still hoping they hatch).

Anyhow, I just had to
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
somewhere where people understand how hard it is to wait!

Edited to say:

Its DAY 19 today!!!!!!!!!!! Um, *peeking into the incubator*, I just told the little Serama eggs that. I don't think they know. I am getting ready for work...wonder if they will hatch while I am gone. I just discovered that all three hatch dates I have are for Mondays, where I will be working all day. nice. :eek:

Last edited:
The waiting is hard. I understand your frustration at the minutes ticking away sooooo slowly.

BTW, my eggs are on day 10 and I stood at the incubator and peeped at them today!
big_smile.png

Oh I can't wait to hatch mine! I am hatching some Serama's too. I will be setting them in about a week and a 1/2. My friend is mailing me some eggs next monday
smile.png
I hope I am successful! I hope you post pics of your little Serama's!

heh- I just thought...if I call off every Monday for the next 3-4 weeks...wonder if my boss would believe its a hatching addiction..or if he would think it was another type...

*sigh
sad.png
Day 19 serama eggs: 2
serama chicks: 0

No pipping, no wiggling, no peeping..nothing. I am not very patient, but now I am just bummed. Okay, bummed and stressed.

o k take deep breath and just sit back you only have 2 more days to go .I feel your pain as I am hatching ducks for the first time but under broody chickens so just hang in there. sending good hatching hugs your way I have 8 more days to go...

Mindy

Ps what ever you do do not open the bator let chicks dry and just enjoy ok.

I will give them more days- but Serama are supposed to hatch NOW, day 19...not 21. Frustrating eggs...maybe they didnt read the book and will be late.

I have other breeds on Day 14 and Day 7. (and others coming in the mail...heh heh..no addiction here.)

In the mean time..
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom