ARRGHH ~ New 2-legged Predator!

Quote:
Totally there should be more folks like you in this world
hugs.gif

That was a wonderful idea the way you had this young woman see as you said the outside would view the situation.

You and people like you give hope to the rest of us.
clap.gif
You are truly GOOD PEOPLE
love.gif

That was an excellent way of dealing with it. Bravo!
clap.gif

Hopefully she will change her behavior for the children's sake and the sake of your coop and flock. I also hope you find that last chicken, she should come home fine, unless she was taken by a predator.

I was allowed to wander the neighborhood, but I had boundaries, and I was NEVER allowed to wander at that age. That's just too young, in my opinion. I'm glad she has decided to try to change her ways.

Keep us posted and see if that helps. Having her read the thread was a wonderful way to break the harsh reality of it to her without becoming too much of a "bad guy" yourself. The world is just far too dangerous for a 2 & 4 year old to be wandering without any kind of supervision.

Again, bravo!

-Kim

I sure hope she has been shaken up enough to watch her children better. They are to little to be wandering around on their own like that, something could happen to them! Maybe if she does watch them better you won't even need the lock.

Yes, children can wander away when you are busy and you may not notice for a few minutes but, when a half hour goes by, it's not acceptable. Both of my girls have been very active from the time they were very little. Keeping a close eye on them has been a must, especially with my older one when she was little. My DH once called me an overprotective mother and a week later he still hadn't listened to me and regretted it. It ended up being a doctor office visit.

Quote:
I realy agree with you !!!!!!they are far to little to do that!!!!! when I was 4 mom never let me go out side the yard and driveway,let alone wander around other people's houses!!!!! Not even our dog let me get to close to the road, she would bark like crazy when i did and mom would come outside when she did that!!!!
rant.gif
rant.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you! You are being a good friend and neighbor. It may be hard for the mother to keep those children home at first because it has become habit for them to wander like that, so perhaps she will need help/ideas to keep them home at first.

Red, KUDOS to you, wow, perfect way to teach.
My neice and nephews have a mother that was horrible, my opinion as I raised 2 of them 60% and one of them 90% of the time. Only on Sunday nights at 11 pm would she call and scream at me "Get MY kids home! NOW" and I'd wake them up, drive them to her house. Then it would take me 3 days to find them, feed them, clean them up get new clothes as their mother did not do laundry and would cut up the clothes.
Been there, done that...but one thing that I always reminded the kids "Your Mom loves you very much, but right now she is making some bad choices in her life". And she was a good mom while they were babies, but as they neared puberty, she would short circuit and party to much.
Of course their dad wasn't much better (my bro), but that is besides the fact.
I am so glad that you showed her this site, explained that you didn't want her to lose her kids and were willing to be a friend. That is teaching at its best!
You are a great person, along with everyone else here for sharing what they felt, hope we have all learned something from Red and neighbor. Tolerence.

Back
Top Bottom