ARRGHH ~ New 2-legged Predator!

smile.png
Glad it looks like things are looking good.

thumbsup.gif

Red you handled it PERFECTLY!!
I hope she realizes what a blessing you are to her.
I know I got rather angry with a lot of replies from people demanding a call to CPS.
To everyone, if you have never had to deal with this necessary evil (CPS) I hope you never do. I have a very close friend whose oldest daughters school teacher (daughter was 16 at the time) called CPS because the child complained about being punished for sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night. She wasn't beaten, tortured or in any way abused. She was simply grounded had some extra chores to do and lost privelages. And like most parents she got a lengthy lecture. The teacher in her infinite wisdom made a BIG deal of it, told the entire class that parents have NO RIGHT TO PUNISH them, and got CPS involved.
So as to not offend, I won't go into the character of the CPS workers, but suffice it say they informed the child that because she was female she WAS A VICTIM. They would figure out what she was a victim of later, but female = victim. The daughter was placed in foster care for 2 months while accusations of every kind were made. First against the father and then, because mom wouldn't go along with them, against mom as well.
These people had their reputations destroyed! Eventually the daughter realized what was happening to her parents, and siblings, and she stopped cooperating and demanded to be sent home. The Nazi tactics used by CPS in some states is down right criminal. BUT, they are immune to prosecution. NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO TO FAMILIES! Judges and lawyers refused to help these people. As one Judge told them; "I KNOW you are innocent. But if I rule against CPS, they have already made it known, I would be next." Of course these comments were not made publicly and he certainly would have denied ever making them.
That is way too much power for any agency to have.

BTW this happened in Washington State almost 20 years ago. And from what I'm told things have gone from bad to worse.
Good news though is after MANY parents had called complaining about the teacher and her "victim" theories, she was FIRED!

Last edited:
Again, I have to say that my parents were investigated twice (see my post earlier in this thread) and nothing came of it because allegations were clearly false.

Call my Pollyanna but I have to believe that the system isn't going to pursue someone without cause.

One thing that everybody should keep in mind is that if somebody else's kid gets hurt on your property, you can be held financially liable. Even if the parents are good people and don't want to sue you, their medical insurance company can. Most of the time when individuals are sued, it is not because the individual or their family is suing. It is because the health insurance company is suing on their behalf. When we sign the insurance forms, we give them the right to sue in our names to recover their expenses. I have unfortunately had some experience with this. My daughter was not trespassing, but we were on an organized trail ride on somebody else's property. There was a riding accident, and she was seriously injured. The surgery to save her arm cost the healt insurance company about $18000. We thought all was well. We would never sue for this. The next thing we knew, we were receiving registered letters from the insurance company asking for addresses and the names of the property owners. They even contacted the ambulance company and demanded the information regarding the location she was picked up at. It was a nightmare and beyond my control.

If a child trespasses on your property with your knowledge and you take no steps to prevent it, you have, in the eyes of the law, invited the problem. Most states have laws on what is considered attractive nuisance. If you have some thing on your property that attracts children (swimming pool, horses, chickens or some other cute animal to pet), the law makes the assumption that you know kids will wander on your property, and it is your responsibility to protect them, even if their idiot parents won't. Your best option is to notify parents of wandering children on your property in writing. You must keep a written record that you have told the parent or guardian that the child is forbidden to enter the property without your prior permission.

BTW did you get your other chickie back?

Thank you for taking a stand for the kids!

I am sorry to say that, I have a sister who let her kids wander as toddlers, roam as pre-teens and never really 'parenting' them. Her only son was killed, when he was 9--he was out riding his bike at 11pm and she 'thought he had come in and was in bed asleep'. The police came to tell her at 2am and she was asleep on the sofa! I have wondered many times why No One called CPS, why the neighbors didn't call the police, or if anyone had approached her about the care of her children. His father was in the process of filing for custody...

Back
Top Bottom