Arrived Alive and Well

They also have about 1/2 the amount of body feathering as normal chickens but are surprisingly very cold hardy. As he/she grows and you handle him/her you will probably be surprised at the amount of heat they give off. This probably contributes to the fact that Turkens do not do well when crowded. Have fun Gregory! I bet you will love your Turken! My mind is drawing blank on the really good site I found for more detailed info on them, As soon as I can remember or locate my bookmark I will pass it along.
Just don't forget the neck massages!!
celebrate.gif
hide.gif

Last edited:
baby Turkens remind me of little old men with toupes! You just have to smile when you see them!
Hopefully I will be getting the call on the 16th and my Delawares will be in!
DH got them for me for Valentines day! I think only the people on here recognize how AWESOME of a present that is!

Turken or naked neck chickens are a pleasure to own. They are 100 percent chicken. What gives them the naked neck is the madagascar game blood. My madagascar games look very similar to the turken. Sometimes other breeds with peck holes in turken chicks so be careful. Turkens can handle hot weather better than many heavy breeds.

Thanks BirdBrain2, wow I was just reading about all your bad luck, very sorry. It has to get better.

Still today all my fuzzy butts are thriving, eating, drinking, running around and sleeping. We only have two with small issues (pasty butts), but other than that our household has been blessed with this wonderful experience of raising baby chicks.

The big question is when the wether warms up and the chicks go to the back yard we'll see if the neighbors feel the same way we do (fingers crossed) about raising backyard chickens.

Greg

I also order the brown layers special. I got most healthy, 3 was weak and I have lost one of those so far. One was DOA. There was one that wasruffed up by the others and has a injured leg. None of this is the fault of the company though. The rest are cheeping all over the place. I wouldn't even call the company over it but I really needed the cochins that I lost.

I think I made out like a bandit with my assorted brown egg layer order. I was expecting 25 chicks 5 sets of 5 different breeds as per the MCM web site. We received probably six or seven different breeds not including the one exotic.

5 cream colored probably BO's
3 grey chicks with feathers on their legs ???
3 little brown tricolored with brown racing stripes down their backs
2 little greyish black
3 little black ones with yellow spots on their faces
9 yellow ones some a little more yellow than others and some more whitish up over their backs
1 naked neck

Greg

Back
Top Bottom