Arrived with silkies but definitely not..

PolarBerry

Songster
Aug 12, 2017
So I work at a feed store and unboxed chicks 2 weeks ago.... still no clue what this one is.

It came in from a hatchery that sent us silkies and Cochin bantams. Sooo I noticed this one with the muff right off the bat. It didn’t sell and was going to go to the bargain bin and so I ended up getting her. This isn’t the typical feed store mislabeled chick because I know she came from the box labeled only “silkie assortment”.

I thought maybe an olive egger but no, legs and ear holes aren’t anything but yellowish/Brown...

No feathered legs and no fifth toe (so probably not salmon Faverolle but maybe?)

Has a tail/rump. No double comb, comb area is almost flat.

My guess is maybe an Easter Egger/ameracauna that ended up in the wrong box, but only maybe?

Super light Russian orloff?

I’ll try to take better pictures soon but here she is with my black australorp/olive egger/copper maran/barnevelder group of misfits.

4677849F-C9C2-46AC-BBD1-AED323061355.jpeg

def not a silkie I am Chinese and sikies were bred in china so I know that if the skin is not black it is def not a silkie.

def not a silkie I am Chinese and sikies were bred in china so I know that if the skin is not black it is def not a silkie.

Yeah, plus was twice the size. No black beak, no fluff, no fifth toe, comb all wrong. I had silkies before and knew it definitely wasn’t a silkie!

I want some Easter Eggers anyway so kind of hope that’s what she is.

Back
Top Bottom