Arrrghhh I'm such a computer dinosaur!

chookchick

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Olympia WA
So of course I have procrastinated, and now I'm trying to put together my page at the last minute. And as I have been dreading, I can't figure out how to get images on the dang page! The sound on my computer doesn't work, so the video is useless. I'm trying to cut and paste and is says Mozilla and Firefox can't cut and paste (or something like that...). Why can't I do that when I can use it in a post?
barnie.gif

Tried to use the image icon on the tool bar, but all that shows up on the page when I click "insert" is the description. Why does this have to be sooo difficult!
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Anybody else had problems with using the page creation on Mozilla firefox??

here's the pic, just to see what happens....

14648_coop_plan_2.jpg

and does anyone know if that can be printed out to scale?

highlight whatever it is and hit ctrl+c to copy, ctrl+v to paste. It's how I get around the annoying can't cut/paste errors using firefox
wink.png

You're not alone. I know just enough about this thing to be dangerous!
lol.png
My cut & paste has never worked from day one in any application I have tried. It appears, but is just a light gray and nothing happens when I click on it. Likely would need windows uninstalled and re-installed.
rant.gif
I still use 35MM photography too. A dinosaur in computers AND in photography.
sad.png

High five, gsim. You and me, baby.

I've just about got my materials and plans together, and getting them into this computer so I can brag about them on BYC is the biggest nightmare I'm facing.

At least chookchick got the drawings into the post! I stand in awe!!!!
droolin.gif

And I never DID learn 33mm photography, and last spring my brother gave -- GAVE -- me a new digital camera, and I am absolutely positive the danged thing bites!
sad.png

Last edited:
I did it!, I did it!, I did it!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Even a dinosaur can learn new tricks! Got my BYC pages up! I'm not happy with the size of the plan pages, I've got to figure out how to make them print out to scale, or put a ton of measurements on them...

I finally calmed down enough to remove the "img" tags from the front and back (what a PITA), and it worked! like magic..just like the "how to edit" page says if I had bothered to scroll down further..
he.gif

Possumqueen--I know what you mean! My family bought me a really nice digital camera a few years back, and I NEVER used it (what a waste!), they should have included a tutorial session (bunch of geeks). When my husband bought me ANOTHER digital camera, I just about hyperventilated, but finally forced myself to read the directions (gave myself a WHOLE day).

Back
Top Bottom