Art School

Ooooh
WCBL is throwing me back to attempting humans once again. :rolleyes: But my latest one screams horrific. I need practice. Badly.
....could I perchance take a go at her as well? :3
(Screams) HORRIFIC
1539982972367.png

FOR THE FIRST OF A MILLION TIMES, SHE'S NOT HORRIFIC. You actually are making decently framed faces. :clap The hair's fine, so's her frame, and the cat...the only thing that's looking amiss to me is her smile. Just a tad, and I don't know what's even wrong. :gig
Overall, that's a fantastic visual of her. :plbb

This first shot at Bleddyn is killing me for multiple reasons. -__- I just wanna trash the whole picture now.
Bleddyn.png

But if it's possible to be even worse
I never showed y'all the original picture of Ash last year. :3

FOR THE FIRST OF A MILLION TIMES, SHE'S NOT HORRIFIC. You actually are making decently framed faces. :clap The hair's fine, so's her frame, and the cat...the only thing that's looking amiss to me is her smile. Just a tad, and I don't know what's even wrong. :gig
Overall, that's a fantastic visual of her. :plbb

This first shot at Bleddyn is killing me for multiple reasons. -__- I just wanna trash the whole picture now.
View attachment 1565740

But if it's possible to be even worse
I never showed y'all the original picture of Ash last year. :3
Yeah Bleddyn has so much detail though. Mine looks static.

Yeah I know the only problem is the smile. The rest are easy fixes, I just don't feel like I want to fix them because her facial expression is creeping me out. And I don't know how to fix the mouth. I like the cat though. I can do a decent cat if I try. I practice them alot. I figured out the legs. The thing I want to improve next is front paws from a front view. Awkwardly square is all.

Yeah I know the only problem is the smile. The rest are easy fixes, I just don't feel like I want to fix them because her facial expression is creeping me out. And I don't know how to fix the mouth. I like the cat though. I can do a decent cat if I try. I practice them alot. I figured out the legs. The thing I want to improve next is front paws from a front view. Awkwardly square is all.
Do you have each piece of her face on a seperate layer?

For kitty paws try making a 3 humped heart top and then draw a line across the bottom

That's the difference between your and my style...and possibly programs. You can go extremely basic, and still have it look perfectly nice. If I skimp on detailing at all, anything comes out horrific to the point I'll immediately delete it upon completion. I wish I didn't have to do all the minorities, trust me. :£
I just realized that it's her left hand that's infuriating me the most. If she's to have it resting on the skateboard, I should see her palm and wrist. The fingers alone are freaking me out.
Annnd her left cheek as well. What the hay, is she storing a brick in them? It definitely shouldn't jut out like that. o.o
....plus her creepy animal eyes, but guess that's my style...

It's all the mouth. Her face would be a beautiful dish if it weren't for those...teeth, I guess.
I don't know, I'm terrified of showing teeth even in canines because I'm so bad with them. I cheat and turn everything into line smiles. :oops: Go with what you feel comfortable with.

You're great at felines in general, especially the poses. I can't get mine to stop looking like Pokemon mutants. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom