Art School

I may rework the eyes or figure out how to draw sharper edges or wrinkles in the clothing in the future, but for now, I like it.
1554037649489.png

WIN_20190407_00_00_07_Pro.jpg

This is what happens when your love of The Hobbit and your love of lettering clash--a crazy tangled mess of words and fanciness and hobbit quotes
WIN_20190406_23_59_25_Pro.jpg

This is a more organized version of the above image.
WIN_20190406_23_50_57_Pro.jpg

For those not on FG, I am quite proud of this. It is Thranduil the elf. It is still a work in progress. Please ignore the very bad attempts at elk in the background. The later attempts were better, but you can't see them.
WIN_20190322_20_13_13_Pro (4).jpg

Calligraphy
WIN_20190324_11_21_50_Pro.jpg
This is an ink sketch from my imagination that I am quite proud of

View attachment 1729089
This is what happens when your love of The Hobbit and your love of lettering clash--a crazy tangled mess of words and fanciness and hobbit quotes View attachment 1729090
This is a more organized version of the above image. View attachment 1729091
For those not on FG, I am quite proud of this. It is Thranduil the elf. Please ignore the very bad attempts at elk in the background. The later attempts were better, but you can't see them. View attachment 1729092
Calligraphy
View attachment 1729093 This is an ink sketch from my imagination that I am quite proud of

You did a great job! I also really like your elk. :p

View attachment 1729089
This is what happens when your love of The Hobbit and your love of lettering clash--a crazy tangled mess of words and fanciness and hobbit quotes View attachment 1729090
For those not on FG, I am quite proud of this. It is Thranduil the elf. It is still a work in progress. Please ignore the very bad attempts at elk in the background. The later attempts were better, but you can't see them. View attachment 1729092
Calligraphy
View attachment 1729093 This is an ink sketch from my imagination that I am quite proud of
How beautiful! The lettering is great, and the drawings look really amazing, too. (Hope ya'll don't mind if I join?)

View attachment 1729089
For those not on FG, I am quite proud of this. It is Thranduil the elf. It is still a work in progress. Please ignore the very bad attempts at elk in the background. The later attempts were better, but you can't see them. View attachment 1729092
Calligraphy
I love the calligraphy! I wish I could do well with ink!

I love the calligraphy! I wish I could do well with ink!
I have the best pen ever. It's a Tombow calligraphy pen WS-BS 150. I also have a WS-BH but the tip is too stiff, I don't like it as much (for calligraphy I don't like it. You have to be able to kind of bend the tip to darken the downstrokes). They are from Hobby Lobby. Keep practicing! I've been working with calligraphy/lettering for two or three years and I'm still working to improve.

I have the exact same pen, @Abriana and I love it! I haven't been practicing lettering for that long, so I'm not that good yet, but it's really fun.
:highfive: I'm totally in love with mine! I get multimedia sketch books and fill practically every page full. The yellow multimedia ones from Hobby Lobby have GREAT paper, it's really nice to write on.

Back
Top Bottom